5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension not level !!!

2020blckout

Reaction score
Hello my 2020 ram 1500 limited
Have the air suspension but I measure 4 corners today in a flat surface
But the rear End (pasanger side) is about 1/2 to 5/8 higher than the driver side,
Both tires im front are level to each other .
I have try everything but nothing seems to work
Please need some help!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello my 2020 ram 1500 limited
Have the air suspension but I measure 4 corners today in a flat surface
But the rear End (pasanger side) is about 1/2 to 5/8 higher than the driver side,
Both tires im front are level to each other .
I have try everything but nothing seems to work
Please need some help!

Have you tried dumping it to the lowest setting and see if it rebalances itself? I thought I had the problem too. About ⅜ difference between driver and pax side. Thought it was the truck. Took a 6 foot level to my garage floor and found out that one of my garage door slabs leans ⅜” Sometimes when you think you’re on a flat surface you may not be. Take a level to the surface to make sure you’re not blaming the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020blckout

Reaction score
Have you tried dumping it to the lowest setting and see if it rebalances itself? I thought I had the problem too. About ⅜ difference between driver and pax side. Thought it was the truck. Took a 6 foot level to my garage floor and found out that one of my garage door slabs leans ⅜” Sometimes when you think you’re on a flat surface you may not be. Take a level to the surface to make sure you’re not blaming the truck!

I did that
Off road 2 / then 1 , normal , aero , exit mode
And all of them only the rear ended right side is higher by 1/2 inch
Also change the truck like 10 times different parking and same results

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did that
Off road 2 / then 1 , normal , aero , exit mode
And all of them only the rear ended right side is higher by 1/2 inch
Also change the truck like 10 times different parking and same results

That sucks. Maybe the dealer can reset it? Not sure if there’s any fine tuning they can do.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
My 2016 limited with air suspension was off a 1/2” right to left in the front end, researched it and measured other rams come to find out a lot of trucks with or without the air suspension come from the factory off side to side and it’s within there limits for acceptance.
The air suspension only levels up and down, not side to side anyways.

Samson75

Reaction score
The other option is getting the Revel links and adjusting them to compensate for the height difference. There is a sensor on each wheel and they can be fine tuned to millimeters !

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
First thing I’d do is take it to the dealer and have them figure this out (since you’ve done basic troubleshooting).
Let us know what they find.

Cheers,

aLarge92

Reaction score
I was literally measuring my truck yesterday because after staring at it parked for so long I've noticed my passenger side is also about a 1/2" higher than the driver side.
I'm curious what the dealer will say.
Please keep us updated.

I have the air suspension and off road group.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was literally measuring my truck yesterday because after staring at it parked for so long I've noticed my passenger side is also about a 1/2" higher than the driver side.
I'm curious what the dealer will say.
Please keep us updated.

I have the air suspension and off road group.

Curious, how often do you drive without any passengers? Wondering if you’re the only one in the truck most of the time, if the airbags deflate on the side you’re sitting on due to your weight and don’t deflate on the passenger side because there’s no load on that side.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Curious, how often do you drive without any passengers? Wondering if you’re the only one in the truck most of the time, if the airbags deflate on the side you’re sitting on due to your weight and don’t deflate on the passenger side because there’s no load on that side.

Hmmm. Mine adjusts and levels accordingly.
Even when removing light stuff off the back of the bed. Could be a bad sensor.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
Dealers do have the ability to adjust side by side. In fact the entry is for all four corners. But they have to measure all four corners not just one side to fix it. Can also reduce the rear numbers by 20-30mm to get the truck level. Front to back.

aLarge92

Reaction score

To answer some of the questions, I've almost exclusively driven with a passenger. I only weigh 175lbs so I would hope that wouldn't cause it to be off.
The truck has 1500 mile on it. ~300 miles of it hauled around 600 pounds worth of cargo. ~200 miles of the total was pulling a 6000lb trailer. I also have the 6'4" bed. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gas tank. Check it on empty. On another thread a guy who lowered his truck cut the spring so that it was even side to side at a half tank

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found in another thread that we can replace the stock airlinks with adjustable turnbuckle style so you can micro adjust each corner. Airlinksgc.com

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have alphaOBD you can run a calibration yourself. you don't need to crank parts, it's all controlled by the computer. Every corner and every height.

Otherwise I'd take it into the dealership and make them do it under warranty.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2019 an issue like this came up that was similar, but possibly more exaggerated. short answer was that one shock was programed in metric Vs English. The dealer was able to reprogram it

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have alphaOBD you can run a calibration yourself. you don't need to crank parts, it's all controlled by the computer. Every corner and every height.

Otherwise I'd take it into the dealership and make them do it under warranty.
Can you custom adjust the height at each corner with alpha OBD?

Users who are viewing this thread