5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension adjustable?

AE_Ram19

Reaction score
On the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with air suspension, is it possible to adjust or even reprogram the air suspension to ride at a higher level? (Like the Rebels). I would prefer a lift kit, but all the research I’ve done says no one is going to make one that will allow me to keep my air suspension. So the best alternative, in my oppinion, is to see if the air suspension can be set/adjusted for the truck to be higher than the factory “Normal” mode but without having to hit the button to raise it up every time I slow back down below 45mph? Basically trick the truck to think its in normal mode when it is really raised up higher more like a rebel.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with air suspension, is it possible to adjust or even reprogram the air suspension to ride at a higher level? (Like the Rebels). I would prefer a lift kit, but all the research I’ve done says no one is going to make one that will allow me to keep my air suspension. So the best alternative, in my oppinion, is to see if the air suspension can be set/adjusted for the truck to be higher than the factory “Normal” mode but without having to hit the button to raise it up every time I slow back down below 45mph? Basically trick the truck to think its in normal mode when it is really raised up higher more like a rebel.
There are sensors with snap on "ball socket links" hooked to them that regulate height at each wheels suspension controlled by computer. If you search threads related to modifications and suspension you should find that you can purchase some aftermarket adjustable links that will allow some height adjustment to trick computer into thinking what proper "normal" height is. If you go too far, it will cause air suspension error lights on dash. You can also level truck some by this method. I think the links sell for $200 or close.

AE_Ram19

Reaction score
There are sensors with snap on "ball socket links" hooked to them that regulate height at each wheels suspension controlled by computer. If you search threads related to modifications and suspension you should find that you can purchase some aftermarket adjustable links that will allow some height adjustment to trick computer into thinking what proper "normal" height is. If you go too far, it will cause air suspension error lights on dash. You can also level truck some by this method. I think the links sell for $200 or close.
Thanks! I’ll definitely look into that

DanSkan

Reaction score
I have the limited with off road group and my normal is 1 inch higher. The system is programed for the 1 inch higher normal and aero is still 1/2 " below my normal. I saw on the forum that the normal height setting can be changed at the dealer through the witech program but be careful because if they don't know what they are doing they can screw it up. I like mine the 1 inch higher but would like the aero to drop an additional inch down the the same height as the regular aero for better mpg.

AE_Ram19

Reaction score
I have the limited with off road group and my normal is 1 inch higher. The system is programed for the 1 inch higher normal and aero is still 1/2 " below my normal. I saw on the forum that the normal height setting can be changed at the dealer through the witech program but be careful because if they don't know what they are doing they can screw it up. I like mine the 1 inch higher but would like the aero to drop an additional inch down the the same height as the regular aero for better mpg.
Hmmm... I might need to look into this, mine has the off road group too but it looked the same height as the regular limited. Is the off road group supposed to come factory 1” higher or did the dealer you purchased it from do that?

DanSkan

Reaction score
It comes 1 inch higher from factory. There are 4 settings: entry 0, aero +2.5", normal +3", offroad +4" same as Rebel with AS. In manual same instructions as Rebel. ORG normal is same height as regular truck OR1 and ORG OR is same as regular truck OR2. I also think it rides a little stiffer at the 1 inch higher.

DanSkan

Reaction score
Most dealer probably won't want to mess with or know how to mesh with the witech program height adjustment. A good tech may know how to adjust the heights, same as the Jeeps.

DanSkan

Reaction score
As I understand it, there is maximum height of 4 inches so if you change your normal to 1 inch higher like the ORG, your normal will be at 3" and your OR1 will be at 4" max so I'm not sure what happens to OR2? Maybe Error? Rebels and ORG don't have OR2.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rough Country has a 5" lift kit for the air suspension. Other companies should have one out shortly. Somebody here had pictures of it installed. It still functions just as the stock and retains all the different modes.

A10

Reaction score
Americantrucks.com has some sort of air ride control module. Maybe this is what you are looking for. It says you can change heights side to side and front to back.

V.Mullins

Reaction score
Here is a link to get ball sockets for DIY level links: https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/

I have a 2019 RAM Limited 4x4 ORG, all the socket ends are 8mm on my truck. They don't have the 8mm in metal but the plastic ones are made better than the FCA ones on my truck. I just got my ball sockets yesterday, ordered them on Friday. I will update when I get the links made and installed this weekend.

Attachments

• 8mm ball socket.PNG
    8mm ball socket.PNG
    233.4 KB · Views: 228
  • MY TRUCK BuildSheet.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 135

grinch72

Reaction score
How big of lift do you want? Someone is making a 6.5in lift for the air suspension models

V.Mullins

Reaction score
Here is a link to get ball sockets for DIY level links: https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/

I have a 2019 RAM Limited 4x4 ORG, all the socket ends are 8mm on my truck. They don't have the 8mm in metal but the plastic ones are made better than the FCA ones on my truck. I just got my ball sockets yesterday, ordered them on Friday. I will update when I get the links made and installed this weekend.

V.Mullins

Reaction score
Updated: Attached are the front level links I made and installed, to me it made no difference in ride quality, I drive daily on tank trails at Fort Stewart to get to my place of work. It looks much better raised 1 inch in the front.

Attachments

• After DIY links.jpg
    After DIY links.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 454
  • DIY links installed.jpg
    DIY links installed.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 507
  • M6 1. stainless 4in bolt cut to size.jpg
    M6 1. stainless 4in bolt cut to size.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 535
  • Normal DIY links.jpg
    Normal DIY links.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 495
  • Normal Factory links.jpg
    Normal Factory links.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 452

bonebro

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I ordered 4 8mm ball socks! Where did you get the threaded rod from?

V.Mullins

Reaction score
Thanks Bonebro. Local hardware store should have them, I had some M6 threaded bolts and nuts., then just cut down to the size. Once you get your ball sockets just take them to the hardware store with you and find one that will thread into them. Less than $15 for everything!

bonebro

Reaction score
Thanks Bonebro. Local hardware store should have them, I had some M6 threaded bolts and nuts., then just cut down to the size. Once you get your ball sockets just take them to the hardware store with you and find one that will thread into them. Less than $15 for everything!
Unless you add in the $7.50 shipping for the ball sockets! Lol

How much did you change the link to raise it 1”?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
quarter of an inch ish shorter. That's a lot better than the $199 Revel link kit! Lol
See my redneck sketch

I like this, neat idea. How well does the socket fit on the stud? Is it like factory which has no play?

Users who are viewing this thread