5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension adjustable?

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
found the 8mm ball socket @ granger also. did mine @ the 2.25" and don't have OR2 now but adding the daystar kit today. but like the level.

Attachments

• 2C99BF55-C920-4361-807C-AE0B76C84B92.png
    2C99BF55-C920-4361-807C-AE0B76C84B92.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 216

19 streak

Reaction score
found the 8mm ball socket @ granger also. did mine @ the 2.25" and don't have OR2 now but adding the daystar kit today. but like the level.
Keep us posted on how the install goes. I will likely be putting one in myself very soon if we get good feedback

cummins2500hd

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these on the front of a 2019 rebel to level the truck out? I'm not good at building something like this but would pay someone if they have done it successfully....thanks!

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
How much did you all shorten your links on the front?

My truck rear is still 2" taller than front even with shaving off the front level links 1/4". Not sure how much more I want to chop off of it.

Updated: Attached are the front level links I made and installed, to me it made no difference in ride quality, I drive daily on tank trails at Fort Stewart to get to my place of work. It looks much better raised 1 inch in the front.

BigBoi

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a lowering kit available for the 1500 Limited with the factory air ride, other than using adjustable links to reprogram your factory air settings?

Samson75

Reaction score
I like this, neat idea. How well does the socket fit on the stud? Is it like factory which has no play?
It is not like factory as I did the same thing. The shear size of the ball on the end (plastic blob) is so big that it creates a funny sort angle issue . Also .... rust ! The metal clip inside will rust fast ! I’ve got stainless showing up today or tomorrow, I’ll let you know how these fit as I would not Recommend the plastic clip ones.

Attachments

• 592AF395-EF57-4BEC-AB7B-23EE65286EFC.jpeg
    592AF395-EF57-4BEC-AB7B-23EE65286EFC.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 99

Samson75

Reaction score
It is not like factory as I did the same thing. The shear size of the ball on the end (plastic blob) is so big that it creates a funny sort angle issue . Also .... rust ! The metal clip inside will rust fast ! I’ve got stainless showing up today or tomorrow, I’ll let you know how these fit as I would not Recommend the plastic clip ones.
*****update *******

Attachments

• 0B1711EE-236D-4500-AB13-991D74CBF7C9.jpeg
    0B1711EE-236D-4500-AB13-991D74CBF7C9.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 782E93BF-7803-4DE4-B7E4-EFC4967F0EF6.jpeg
    782E93BF-7803-4DE4-B7E4-EFC4967F0EF6.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 202

Samson75

Reaction score
Cool. What is the source for the stainless 8mm ball sockets?
Did you find/use stainless threaded rod?
In Canada :

- I think the whole thing cost less then $50 after taxes and shipping

In the USA :

The American one does NOT seem to have a stainless 8mm ball socket but still maybe worth a call. Rod in the m6 x 1.0 range in stainless is available at so many fastener supply stores like fastenal

Last edited:

Bubs Ram

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this thread is a little old but I just got my 2021 Ram Limited with air suspension. Before this I had a 2016 Ram Sport with air suspension and I was able to make some changes with AlphaOBD to make the truck's suspension just like the Rebel. So the truck came with 5 levels Entry/Exit, Aero, Normal, OR1, and OR2, after I made my change it had 4 levels, Entry/Exit, Aero, Normal, and Offroad. The new normal was my old OR1 so the truck did sit an inch higher.

To make the change I selected Body Computer, and Car Configuration change and there is a section in there that says Offroad Vehicle, I changed that to yes. I have not tried this on my 2021 as I just got it a week ago and I have been busy with the holiday's but I know for a fact it worked on my 2016.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this thread is a little old but I just got my 2021 Ram Limited with air suspension. Before this I had a 2016 Ram Sport with air suspension and I was able to make some changes with AlphaOBD to make the truck's suspension just like the Rebel. So the truck came with 5 levels Entry/Exit, Aero, Normal, OR1, and OR2, after I made my change it had 4 levels, Entry/Exit, Aero, Normal, and Offroad. The new normal was my old OR1 so the truck did sit an inch higher.

To make the change I selected Body Computer, and Car Configuration change and there is a section in there that says Offroad Vehicle, I changed that to yes. I have not tried this on my 2021 as I just got it a week ago and I have been busy with the holiday's but I know for a fact it worked on my 2016.
Sounds like you’re just tricking it into thinking it has the ORG. This should work on the 5th gens (but I actually have the ORG, so I can’t test).

Utemachine

Reaction score
Getting to the end of this thread and not seeing some of the answers is how I felt at the cliffhanger of the KARR episode from Knight Rider. You’re killing me here!

I want to do this to either sag my rear about 1/2”. Or put my front up 1/2. The latter preferred. Will the stainless ball end DIY do the trick?

Last edited:

tobyd

Reaction score

Whoa, so perhaps this could also work in reverse if you have the ORG and wanted it to have the 'regular' 5 settings -- and correspondingly 1" lower Normal and Aero modes (!?)

Bubs Ram

Reaction score
Whoa, so perhaps this could also work in reverse if you have the ORG and wanted it to have the 'regular' 5 settings -- and correspondingly 1" lower Normal and Aero modes (!?)

I would think that should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobyd

Reaction score
I would think that should work
That would be great. I'm a prospective buyer and while I do want air suspension and all the pieces of ORG, I do not want the added 1" Normal (and Aero) ride heights because it stiffens the springs. If it was simple, could you please throw in a photo of that screen for future reference?

apineta

Reaction score

Did you get a chance to try the same on your 2021. I just picked my 2021 Limited and would maybe do the same.

Utemachine

Reaction score
I went to Fastenal and they have to order them. I went to a different nut and bolts shop and they don’t have the threaded Rod either. Trying Home Depot for a bolt I can just cut the head off. Anyone done this?

Users who are viewing this thread