5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension adjustable?

Utemachine

Reaction score
I just finished my DIY and brought up the front a 1/4” and it’s sits great. The passenger side link needed to be adjusted two full turns more to set the truck level to the driver side. Did anyone else experience that or were your links identical in length when you finished? 94C3D8F3-FEB5-48DC-9C16-15A6B95D861A.jpeg

skny

Reaction score
I just finished my DIY and brought up the front a 1/4” and it’s sits great. The passenger side link needed to be adjusted two full turns more to set the truck level to the driver side. Did anyone else experience that or were your links identical in length when you finished?
I know this is a bit late, but, I just installed the AirLinks brand links in both front & rear on my '21 Limited yesterday.
I took measurements before & after on all 4 wheels from pavement to bottom lip of the fender flare at center, in Normal & Tire Jack mode.
Now, my measurements weren't precise, I had 1/4 tank of gas and my tires weren't all inflated to the same psi - but here's what my measurements were "before":

Driver Front: 36 3/8"
Pass Front : 37 3/16" (13/16" taller than driver side)
Driver Rear : 38 11/16"
Pass Rear : 39" (5/16" taller than driver side)

After installing my links on both front & rear:
Driver Front: 37 15/16"
Pass Front : 38 1/2"
Driver Rear: 38 5/16"
Pass Rear : 38 5/16"

Point is, there's going to be some fluctuation, no matter how precise you try to get it due to varying factors, even with the "auto-leveling" functionality.
I like the look & am just driving it as is for the time being. I "may" adjust the fronts a hair (raise one / lower the other) to get them more in-sync with the rears. Figure I'd drive it for a week or so & re-measure things with a full tank of gas & see where things are at.

I will note that I did test all modes initially (E/E, Aero, Normal, OR1, OR2) and had no issues. However, when I parked it this morning, I put it into OR2 for fun, came out later, and got the suspension code & inability to adjust due to load or something when I re-started the truck up. I ended up turning truck off, using key-fob to lower it to E/E, and all works fine - including going back up to OR2. I don't plan to use that a whole lot anyway, so as long as it looks good & no codes for E/E/ Aero, Normal - I'm happy. The occasional OR2 error for me is no big deal - and I doubt I'll get it in OR1, but who knows. Oh - and for fun, I half thought about just driving it in OR2 when it was erroring, but it was bouncing all over the place! So glad I was able to reset it quickly & get back into Normal ;)

Drushin7

Reaction score
I just finished my DIY and brought up the front a 1/4” and it’s sits great. The passenger side link needed to be adjusted two full turns more to set the truck level to the driver side. Did anyone else experience that or were your links identical in length when you finished? View attachment 81182
Did you end up using stainless? If so where did you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread