5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride Laramie

Smusich65

Reaction score
I'm in the process of shopping for a 2019 1500. I have narrowed to a Laramie. I have not owned a truck in 20 years. A lot has changed and the Laramie is sweet. Air suspension ? A friend with a 4th gen longhorn with air insists it's a must have. I have a truck waiting for me and priced out but does not have air suspension. Since I buy a new car once every 10 + years, looking for a push one way or the other.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the process of shopping for a 2019 1500. I have narrowed to a Laramie. I have not owned a truck in 20 years. A lot has changed and the Laramie is sweet. Air suspension ? A friend with a 4th gen longhorn with air insists it's a must have. I have a truck waiting for me and priced out but does not have air suspension. Since I buy a new car once every 10 + years, looking for a push one way or the other.

Do you want to lift it? No air suspension has a lot more support for lifts. If you don’t care to lift- air suspension is very smooth and a great ride.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Air is also great for towing, easy entry, auto load leveling, etc. But even the coil suspension has a great ride.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Air is also great for towing, easy entry, auto load leveling, etc. But even the coil suspension has a great ride.

And I'll add it's great for lifting things into the bed...had to load my pressure washer in it yesterday and dropping the truck to the entry / exit height made it SOOO much nicer to lift it into.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I test drove a Laramie without air ride and a Limited. After driving them, the air ride was a must have for me along with front bench seats. I noticed a big difference but it is very subjective. I love my Laramie with air ride. A good indicator of how smooth it is, everyone that rides in the passenger seat always falls asleep lol!

Also comes in handy when working under the truck.

It is pretty stout. I drove way too fast over a deep dip in the road and my truck went completely airborne. I was lifted off my seat and the truck took it like a champ.

Smusich65

Reaction score
Do you want to lift it? No air suspension has a lot more support for lifts. If you don’t care to lift- air suspension is very smooth
Do you want to lift it? No air suspension has a lot more support for lifts. If you don’t care to lift- air suspension is very smooth and a great ride.
thanks and not planning on lifting. I like the ride of the coil suspension. But have not experienced the air suspension. So just not sure if it is worth it. Will be towing a small camper occasionally.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie came in First week of August after being ordered in late June. I have 4 corner suspension and power running boards. no problems at that time ordering it. I do have an issue with the air suspension which I will post separately.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
I guess I barely missed the shortage. I ordered my truck on 9/17 had a VIN 9/21. See profile for details but its is a Laramie 4x4 5.7eTorque 4 Corner w/ Rambox with more below. It is in D1 Status

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I guess I barely missed the shortage. I ordered my truck on 9/17 had a VIN 9/21. See profile for details but its is a Laramie 4x4 5.7eTorque 4 Corner w/ Rambox with more below. It is in D1 Status

We have almost the same truck. I didn't go with the Pano roof. I ordered mine on 9/10 and went D1 on 9/23.

Users who are viewing this thread