5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride and tire jack mode

Bizkit

Reaction score
So I forgot to put jack mode on when I rotated my front 2 tires. When I put in reverse tires rubbed in front. They were not rubbing before. Will truck self level over time or is there something I need to do to reset air ride? It appears my rear height is almost an inch lower than it was before.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will self level. Just drive it until it corrects itself

Bizkit

Reaction score
I drove it 8 miles or so and it still is lower in back. Maybe I should cycle through the different heights

louscrw

Reaction score
I drove it 8 miles or so and it still is lower in back. Maybe I should cycle through the different heights
Did your truck fix Itself?

When I took mine in for it’s first oil change last weekend, the dealership didn’t put it in jack mode. The truck looked all kinds of crazy when they pulled it off the lift. In the 5 minutes or so I was inside getting the paperwork, the truck leveled itself without having to even turn it on, much less drive it around

When I got my wheels and tires installed, Discount Tire made it a point to ask me if I had air suspension and made sure to put it in jack mode. But, when I got oil change at the dealership, I asked the guy at the counter, he said they never put them in jack mode and even made some off-handed comment about discount tire “not knowing anything” when I told him they did. This is my first Ram product, and was my first experience at the dealership (other than purchase), and I can say I was not overly impressed.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any reason not to put the truck into the “Tire Change” mode before you get out of your truck and then you know it’s done?

Or once it is put into Drive or Reverse does “Tire Change” drop out and revert back to “Normal?”

Users who are viewing this thread