5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Lift 5000 Airbags on a Rebel

Tommy R

Reaction score
maybe we can get pics of rebels vs non rebel mounting brackets and compare
That could be helpful, especially if we can see enough detail. Too bad we can't get hold of drawings.

one quick note, I do not know if I have the internal bump stops or not. It was installed by the previous owner.
True. Mine definitely got better without the internal bumpstops. Probably a bigger difference from when I later added the 1" spring spacer.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That could be helpful, especially if we can see enough detail. Too bad we can't get hold of drawings.

True. Mine definitely got better without the internal bumpstops. Probably a bigger difference from when I later added the 1" spring spacer.
also i heard spacers on the rear mess with suspension badly

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
alot of people have said that on the rebel with spacers the truck bounces alot. more and doesnt feel as planted … read this on alot of stuff on these pages i will search see if i find the threads

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Damn I had the same Air Lift bags on my 2014 Ram 2500 and they worked great. My Step-Dad had them on his Rebel and talked about them being a little more difficult to install. I just got a Rebel last year and after towing a heavy load this past weekend I realized I need to get some bags on this one. I was hoping they had resolved the cutting in the installation of the bags, but guess not. Did you get the 1000s installed or did you go with another brand?

Tommy R

Reaction score
Damn I had the same Air Lift bags on my 2014 Ram 2500 and they worked great. My Step-Dad had them on his Rebel and talked about them being a little more difficult to install. I just got a Rebel last year and after towing a heavy load this past weekend I realized I need to get some bags on this one. I was hoping they had resolved the cutting in the installation of the bags, but guess not. Did you get the 1000s installed or did you go with another brand?
Nope, I haven't swapped them out yet. I'm really fed up with them so I will likely remove the entire system soon. I may end up just going with a load distribution hitch instead because I have yet to see an air bag system that I'm confident won't have the same (or worse) problem.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Just got my Timber Grove bags in today. Plan on installing them this weekend.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
Just got my Timber Grove bags in today. Plan on installing them this weekend.
please post during and after install. Im really wanting to add these to my 2020. I have an oversized Knaak box in the bed full time. the added load is 600-1000# depending on what i have in the bed at any given time. Id like to get the back end above level again

Users who are viewing this thread