5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance

ktl5005

Reaction score
You WOULD have serious issues if your A/C could not cool your crew cab with the temp outside being 70 degrees.

Report back, when its 90 outside, and you may be telling a different story! :-\
Sure. Last week. 91 degrees, 78% humidity, temps set on low, not using max A/C, started it up after sitting in the sun all day, easily 120 degress inside. Fan on 4, within 2-3 minutes cold air, had the fan turned down to 1 after about 5 minutes of driving.....Again, working fine.

ktl5005

Reaction score
also 16k miles and no water leak or window crack either. Nothing everything produced is defective. GO over to the Silverado forums. They have tons reported issues also. Its not just a single manufacture.

U

User_3336

Lets see a screen shot/snapshot of your vent temps at 91 degrees and I'll believe you! :)

Sure. Last week. 91 degrees, 78% humidity, temps set on low, not using max A/C, started it up after sitting in the sun all day, easily 120 degress inside. Fan on 4, within 2-3 minutes cold air, had the fan turned down to 1 after about 5 minutes of driving.....Again, working fine.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, dropped my Ram off at the dealer for a couple of issues this week, one of them was poor A/C performance. I realized I've had my A/C on "lo" temp and recirc almost since I bought it, which is not normal. I've also noticed that the air coming out of the vents when on non-recirc feels a bit humid/clammy. My best comparison was today, as I drove the base nissan loaner back to them and then my own truck home, the A/C in the Nissan felt better.

Dealer said "system was performing to spec" and I didn't have time to deal with them. It does look like they took the caps off the pressure lines under the hood. Any other ideas? Seems like I'm going to have to get a temperature probe and find another 2019 in person to do a side by side with. Trouble is, it isn't a deal-breaker, it isn't actually "broken", it just does not feel as good as my 2011 Ram. (or as any new high $ vehicle should)

Anyone have a way to find out what the temperature differential should be?
Mine is the same way, the only way it really feels cold is low, max ac! Worst out of any vehicle I’ve ever owned! Seems lime a lot of the problems with these new rams, they just keep saying is performing as it should, but it’s not!

ktl5005

Reaction score
Lets see a screen shot/snapshot of your vent temps at 91 degrees and I'll believe you! :)
I am not as crazy as everyone in this thread. It was cold in the cabin, fan was on level 1 once it was cooled down. If it wasn't, I would be in here complaining too but I am not.

U

User_3336

We have crazy people on this forum? Who'd ever thought! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am not as crazy as everyone in this thread. It was cold in the cabin, fan was on level 1 once it was cooled down. If it wasn't, I would be in here complaining too but I am not.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you want to post pictures of measured vent output & ambient temps, claiming your truck is an icebox is meaningless. Nobody cares about an opinion when numbers tell the truth.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Unless you want to post pictures of measured vent output & ambient temps, claiming your truck is an icebox is meaningless. Nobody cares about an opinion when numbers tell the truth.
Lol I don’t need to post numbers because I’m not having an issue...

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Upper 80s outside with my truck sitting in the sun for hours. Within 10 minutes my temperature was blowing 53゚minimum inside the vent and it's comfortable in my truck. I stuck this thermometer between the slots in a dash vent. A 35 degree difference between ambient and panel vent temp seems good to me but I'm not an HVAC tech.

Attachments

• 20200602_120432.jpg
    20200602_120432.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200602_122219.jpg
    20200602_122219.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 32

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is your hose holding up with the clamp on for long periods of time?
I checked the hose when I took the clamp off last fall and when I put it on a few days ago. I could not see any damage. Installing a valve is probably the safest way to go. But clamping it off for 4 or 5 months doesn’t seem to be damaging it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flipped over to Auto mode and it dropped another degree to 52.

Attachments

• 20200602_125456.jpg
    20200602_125456.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26

ldoh

Reaction score
Lol I don’t need to post numbers because I’m not having an issue...

Yes, no sense in providing details when you can rack up a bunch of hand waving posts about an issue you aren't having.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not that great for ac performance.

When we top out in the upper 90s to low 100s later this summer, it may not be enough. But today we were just shy of 90 and it got me cold enough that I had to turn it down half way home. So, I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread