5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I thought my fan was on its last legs but the sound only comes when I try to turn my ac on (knowing that it doesn’t work, just testing the idea). So, everything on the belt operates as it should, but when pressing the ac button I get a sound like BBs swirling in a jar, and no change in temp.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought my fan was on its last legs but the sound only comes when I try to turn my ac on (knowing that it doesn’t work, just testing the idea). So, everything on the belt operates as it should, but when pressing the ac button I get a sound like BBs swirling in a jar, and no change in temp.
Sounds like something is stuck in your blower.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score

Is the “sound of BBs” coming from the compressor? If so, then you may have a bad compressor or a low freon condition, which would explain no decrease in temperature when you turn on the AC.

Users who are viewing this thread