5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket tailights coming out soon??

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I have the Recon LED's on backorder (an additional 4 weeks) because of Covid (originally est up to 5 weeks) so if you're thinking about getting them be ready to wait. It's already been 4 going on 5 weeks now and still hasn't shipped.

I like the OEM LED's that came with my truck but unfortunately the GF busted my driver side one and everywhere I looked for a replacement was stupidly priced except for EBay but I don't trust anything off that website, been burned in the past. For an additional $150 ish I figured I'd just get the Recons and sell the passenger tail light to cover the shipping at least. Can update this with pics once I get them installed.

mcp6530

Reaction score
I have the Recon LED's on backorder (an additional 4 weeks) because of Covid (originally est up to 5 weeks) so if you're thinking about getting them be ready to wait. It's already been 4 going on 5 weeks now and still hasn't shipped.

I like the OEM LED's that came with my truck but unfortunately the GF busted my driver side one and everywhere I looked for a replacement was stupidly priced except for EBay but I don't trust anything off that website, been burned in the past. For an additional $150 ish I figured I'd just get the Recons and sell the passenger tail light to cover the shipping at least. Can update this with pics once I get them installed.
gotta call a few different places to see who had them in stock. we found one retailer called zz diesal that had them and mine arrive tomorrow after ordering them monday. :)

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
gotta call a few different places to see who had them in stock. we found one retailer called zz diesal that had them and mine arrive tomorrow after ordering them monday. :)
Are you in Canada as well? Literally only found one distributor in western Canada that could order them for me. Americans get all the cool stuff:cautious:

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Yes! I saw them there. Thanks for the info! If the Spyders don't absolutely dazzle me I'll order them.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score

Update: Cancelled my order. Was told this past Thursday that its backordered yet again and won't be available until June. Considering I originally placed my order March 21st I'm just out on them. Saving my money and going OEM. If anyone in Canada knows a place where you can get them at a decent price let me know.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Update: Cancelled my order. Was told this past Thursday that its backordered yet again and won't be available until June. Considering I originally placed my order March 21st I'm just out on them. Saving my money and going OEM. If anyone in Canada knows a place where you can get them at a decent price let me know.
This is what the
Spyder look like. They are dazzling at night!!

Attachments

• 20210430_150105.jpg
    20210430_150105.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210430_195419.jpg
    20210430_195419.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 78

upstatesc91

Reaction score

ifrankyr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in the same shoes. Trying to figure out whether to go OEM, Recon, Spyder, or these I just found on American Truck's website. Anyone tried them?

I wanna say they are similar to the recon non smoke tail lights, or am I missing something ?

sgk

Reaction score
Do any of these aftermarket tail lights come with cross pass detection?

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Do any of these aftermarket tail lights come with cross pass detection?
Not that I know of and I looked around alot. I installed the Spyders. Daytime driving lights not that bright and can't be according to law. Most cars with daytime driving lights they're rear lights are not on. They just look freaking spectacular at night though.

Attachments

• 20210430_145847.jpg
    20210430_145847.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210430_123651.jpg
    20210430_123651.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 38

ifrankyr

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the smoked tail lights for my 19 bighorn from gorecon last night and got a tracking number. Estimated delivery date this Saturday. Wanted to go oem but Ima use the saving towards a cold air intake !

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the smoked tail lights for my 19 bighorn from gorecon last night and got a tracking number. Estimated delivery date this Saturday. Wanted to go oem but Ima use the saving towards a cold air intake !
Yeah that makes no sense. I am in Canada but the distributor here deals directly with Recon so for them to tell me its backordered to June is confusing. Could be that they give American customers priority, but still. That's a ridiculous difference in expected delivery times. I just opted out. I already bought an intake from another member on here though, what are you thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread