5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket lockers

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m working on guidance on how to change gears. I just need to validate in the real world.

We have the Chrysler ZF 215 from AAM. Ram started installing these in 2012 to present. Ram didn’t start installing the problematic one-piece carrier/ring gear assembly until 5th Gen, in 2019.

My working theory is that we can instal a carrier from 2012 to 2018, this carrier will except a variety of gears from Yukon.

Combine this with a limited slip, and we have traction galore. I’m hoping Ram didn’t change the carrier mounting bolt pattern. If they didn’t, we have a path to choosing our preferred gears.
so a shop in california said they had a kit that fit 2020 but didnt know if it fit 21sand up. and the same question you have is what they asked me if 21 did they change bolt pattern in carrier case kit comes in 4:10 and 4:56

bigjeffg

Reaction score
I was going to mention last time RCV axles, but still impressed with Hennessey OEM use. Is a pavement powerbrake auto trans launch as hard as a transbrake? stick trans? or mud/rock bouncing on/off traction? I think the whole 1500 truck frame and suspension mounts and aluminum front diff case may be at the limit with RCV axles. I would be interested in seeing the Torsen limited slip as at least the "fuse", but if people are rock bouncing on WOT, then they should expect stuff to break. Not sure that's in any of our plans.

Other forums have the emoji's of "eating popcorn watching a movie", or "reading a newspaper drinking coffee". Insert those here. :)
I’m with you, the power output is incredible is some of these builds. I’m shocked that the front ring and pinion doesn’t instantaneously grenade. But it seems to be hanging in there.

Maybe AAM got a sneak peek at one of those flying sources they say the government has. Using some outer space crazy metal. I have no idea haw it’s happening, but it is.

It makes me think I’m not being a child, working on getting a traction device and lower gears for these trucks. I will keep my CV axles as my week point. I
so a shop in california said they had a kit that fit 2020 but didnt know if it fit 21sand up. and the same question you have is what they asked me if 21 did they change bolt pattern in carrier case kit comes in 4:10 and 4:56
one way or another I’m going to get Ram front IFS carriers 3D scanned. Once they are imported into CAD, we will know what will work, and what doesn’t work for Carriers.

Users who are viewing this thread