5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket lockers

7.62fmj

Reaction score
Well I was super excited to see that I could get a rear e locker from the factory that worked in all t case ranges unlike my Jeep (4 lo only) but I'm not crazy about the auto disengage with speed feature. Sometimes you need wheel speed like in mud to clear the tread and I don't want to worry about my locker disengaging.

Quick Google search didn't turn anything up. Are there any aftermarket electronic or auto lockers (like a detroit) for these trucks? All I saw was the true track limited slip and the eaton e locker which I believe is the factory piece.

20Ram4X

Reaction score
There are no e-lockers out there for our trucks unfortunately. I'm currently having my dealer check if they can install a limited slip on my Laramie. Buy one with the locker!

7.62fmj

Reaction score
Dang I was hoping for maybe a Detroit or something... Guess the only options are the factory clutch posi, factory locker , or the true trac gear lsd.

bcwood64

Reaction score
According to a gun on the Rams subreddit, his dealer said they can put rear locker in his truck for 3000. Sounds like the dealer is bsing to me.

Reaction score
Excuse me for being dumb and new. Does the no locker apply to just E-locker or a normal Detroit style friction locker as well. I have the dreaded open diff in my 21 and was hoping for just a bold in unit like i had installed in previous Ford 8.8's.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything bolt on for open-diff DT Ram's unfortunately... from the factory or in aftermarket.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was super excited to see that I could get a rear e locker from the factory that worked in all t case ranges unlike my Jeep (4 lo only) but I'm not crazy about the auto disengage with speed feature. Sometimes you need wheel speed like in mud to clear the tread and I don't want to worry about my locker disengaging.

Quick Google search didn't turn anything up. Are there any aftermarket electronic or auto lockers (like a detroit) for these trucks? All I saw was the true track limited slip and the eaton e locker which I believe is the factory piece.
FWIW, if you are spinning the rear wheels, but fronts aren't going as fast the e-locker doesn't disengage. When playing in the snow, I cen engage the e-locker and have fun. Speedometer can show 50mph due to rear wheel spin, but if front wheels aren't turning that fast it keeps rear end locked.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, if you are spinning the rear wheels, but fronts aren't going as fast the e-locker doesn't disengage. When playing in the snow, I cen engage the e-locker and have fun. Speedometer can show 50mph due to rear wheel spin, but if front wheels aren't turning that fast it keeps rear end locked.
I have noticed that also in a quick buzz up of the back wheels in 2wd lockered, but is watching the dash icon the only confirmation?

mirzaspeed

Reaction score
Not sure but it’s the only aftermarket locker I’ve been able to find for our trucks. And it’s a reputable part company too

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
I just want a limited slip like my 05 CR had. Anyone have a part number for that? I hate the open diff.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Get the Eaton Detroit Trutrac. It works like an open diff until it needs to lock which happens automatically. I haven’t needed to use 4WD auto since installing it.

Eaton made it specifically for the Ram. Google it

View attachment 135918
The Trutrac has been around for a long time. It wasn't designs specifically for the RAM. Obviously the RAM specific one was, but not the product in general.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I hate forums.. either way you phrase it, doesn’t change the point I made. You responding like that clogs the thread and frankly it’s annoying.
It's a great unit indeed, but the Trutrac has been around a long time and wasn't designed specifically for the RAM. They make them for multiple applications not just the RAM. Just dont want people thinking it's some special exclusive part

Users who are viewing this thread