5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Front Sway Bar Questions

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys so I had some questions about aftermarket FRONT sway bars.
I’ve had the Hellwig Rear Sway Bar for a couple years and I love it, it’s one of the best mods I’ve done to the truck. Recently they came out with an upgraded Front Sway Bar, but it’s over $700😧 I’m not comfortable spending that much on something I haven’t seen reviews on. So my first question is: Has anyone installed the Hellwig FRONT sway bar? What are your opinions?

I also found that Belltech offers an upgraded Front Sway Bar, and theirs is only $250! So my second question is: Does anyone have experience with this option?

Any idea why Belltech’s is $250 and Hellwig’s is $700?
Any info would be appreciated, thanks! 13AC3512-44A9-49D7-A801-C88D30CABA5C.png 53FB7E26-921B-489A-BF42-F077744391D6.png

397STROKER

Reaction score
I am curious as well. I see that Beltech offers front and rear sway bars for less. Has anyone used either.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
I'm also interested, but $700 is insane for a single sway bar. I paid less than that combined for BOTH of my hellwig bars on my previous 2013 Sierra. They were a great upgrade on that truck.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well, material used, material quality, size, and easiness to install all play in a part of pricing.
just throwing ideas out there.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
well, material used, material quality, size, and easiness to install all play in a part of pricing.
just throwing ideas out there.
Yeah the type of materials varies; the size and ease of install are pretty much the same though since they’re both factory replacements. I could see a 30% price difference or something. Hell even 50%! But not over 250%, that’s crazy.

kzielu

Reaction score
For comparison - Mustang sway bars (which is very popular and easy mod) are ~$250 each. Similar design, slightly lower diameter, they're all adjustable so have multiple holes at ends. No reason for this bar to cost $700. It's literally a bar.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the type of materials varies; the size and ease of install are pretty much the same though since they’re both factory replacements. I could see a 30% price difference or something. Hell even 50%! But not over 250%, that’s crazy.
don't forget there's also marketing cost too. sometimes the manufacture transfer the cost of marketing to consumers.
one example: many of the roof top tent companies charge over $2000-3000 for a tent, but the same tents could be found on Aliexpress for 1/3 of the price. Factoring in bulk shipping, domestic companies are making over $1000 per unit.
And then we see all these ads of roof tents and stuff all the time, whether it is printed publications, forum banners, or even sponsorships. Those are all paid for by the consumers

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any update on the belltech setups? I'm curious, especially with the pricing difference.

Users who are viewing this thread