5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket exhaust? Add a weep hole!

Bob.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Something to consider especially if you do a lot of short trips or live up North. On factory exhaust systems, there are weep holes in the mufflers and resonators.
With that fact still fresh in my mind, I just added a 3/32 hole to the lowest bottom corner of my new B2 oval muffler.

I've seen a video on youtube of a guy where he said his mufflers changed tone. They didn't sound right. He was advised to drill a hole in both his mufflers (duel exhaust). In doing so, he drained a 1/2 gallon of water out the the mufflers. Yikes!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's interesting, I never worried about that to be honest because my Flowmaster Outlaw is just barely wider than the stock piping and practically a straight pipe, not likely to have too much water retention. The stock resonators in the back attached to the exhaust tips I believe have 4 weep holes each.

That being said, if I had a more traditional muffler, I would probably drill some weep holes in there, especially based on what you mentioned.

Klicht87

Reaction score
The AWE muffler has weep holes from the factory...they thought it was a good idea to have them.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
bob.- good advise! Both our Corsa systems have weep holes. Be advised not to go too big on the hole size if adding your own or you may hear them when driving/accelerating. But I think most systems have them installed already. I’ve also read some guys have even plugged their weep holes up on different makes of exhausts but imo Corsa put the holes there for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread