5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Brake Controllers

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Hey all, I have seen and read the threads related to adding the MOPAR EBCs in the truck for those of us who did not get it from the factory, but I am looking for a quick fix for an upcoming tow on Monday. I have been researching aftermarket Brake Controllers and I was wondering what some would suggest for an occasional tow situation. I ask because the place where I rent my trailer, when needed, mentioned I needed an EBC last time I rented one. I am helping someone move on Monday with a 7x12 enclosed trailer and I am sure they are going to bring it up again. So what are you guys using if you are not using the factory one? All advice and feedback is appreciated.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Curt makes a Bluetooth one. That’s probably the least install of the bunch
Yeah, unfortunately the Curt Expo wireless cannot be delivered by the time I need it. I saw the reviews, definitely the easiest for an occasional non permanent use type need. Thanks for the feedback.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
So, because time is of the essence for my situation, I ordered the Tekonsha Primus IQ and the compatible adapter all from Walmart. I will update my thread with performance opinion after the tow on Monday and possibly Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread