5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 18" wheels, what fits?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know when these trucks fist came out some owners found out the hard way that most aftermarket 18" wheels will not clear the calipers on these larger brakes. It seems a while back I read where if you used enough offset Fuels and others could be used. Has anyone worked through this issue and upgraded their 18" wheels?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really wanted 18” tires with my lift but sadly I had to go up to a 20” Fuel wheel for my lift.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try any 18's, it seems that as long as you go with 0 or 1 offset the 18's fit, just not much info out there. I really don't care for the ride or look of 20's personally.

Bader12651

Reaction score
I just installed Method 18” wheels on mine. -12 offset. Everything clears fine

RainDesert

Reaction score
I have fuel Beast at "0" offset in the 18", they clear, not by a lot.

Clyde

Reaction score
I looked into this at great length... I’m dead set on running 18” aftermarkets @ the stock +18mm offset (with 35’s) the only wheel I could find that would work was the Method NV (according to customer support @ Method).

You get a few more options if you go 0 offset, and even more when you get into negative offsets.

I ended up mounting my 35’s on my stock rims for now, I like the NV’s but see too many these days and really don’t want all black wheels on my billet silver (w/ chrome bumpers & grill) truck.

I’m hoping that someone puts out some more options in the near future.

Clyde

Reaction score
I’ll also add that when getting that close in tolerances, you really need to verify with manufactures that a certain wheel will fit.

I had a set of Method grids (titanium +18) in my cart ready to buy from Customer Offsets. According to their site they fit my truck, I called them to see how long to ship and verify fitment - they said yes they’ll fit, but 2 weeks to ship. I decided to wait and check my local shops to see if I could get them faster than 2 weeks. My local shop said they would not fit, I called Method and verified that they would not fit.

Saved myself the time and hassle of having to return a set of wheels (that I possibly might of ended up mounting tires on not knowing better) to Custom Offsets.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes since lifting I couldn’t use my oem 18” wheels hence why I’m on my current set. My winter set will be a 18” wheel but with a -12 offset and sadly they will be black.

21TRX

Reaction score
ProComp Series 46 Prodigy 18x9 Øffset
OEM Duratrac > MOPAR flaps/boards
img_20191204_103927804_cb10898c7dd10dd33e93474d4ce6426e18e67af3.jpg img_20200112_140516155_hdr_1e8a026939def3850a543442ee879a4cd51c6587.jpg

Last edited:

SACdragger

Reaction score
I looked into this at great length... I’m dead set on running 18” aftermarkets @ the stock +18mm offset (with 35’s) the only wheel I could find that would work was the Method NV (according to customer support @ Method).

You get a few more options if you go 0 offset, and even more when you get into negative offsets.

I ended up mounting my 35’s on my stock rims for now, I like the NV’s but see too many these days and really don’t want all black wheels on my billet silver (w/ chrome bumpers & grill) truck.

[/QUOTE

hey Clyde. Any issues with upper control arm clearance with stock 18s and 35s?

dgmacm

Reaction score
Replacing the black 22s" that came with my limited with 18x9 -12 Fuels here soon. Here is hoping I don't have any issues with the brake caliper!

Users who are viewing this thread