5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After nearly a year...Owner Update

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve not posted for a whlile, but felt an update would be appropriate after about one year of ownership. The truck is a 2019 1500 Laramie QC 4x4 and has 7000 miles. This is a farm truck, which is used primarily on the highway to pick up feed, occasionally haul a tractor and tow a boat. So far I have experienced no issues with the truck, nor has it been in to the dealer other than for the delivery issues that I documented last summer. I am very happy with the SteelCraft 5" Black Oval Running Boards, but not so much with the WeatherTech mud flaps. They don’t really help much. Living on a dirt and gravel road provides ample opportunity to assess the value of mud-flaps , and these simply are not up to par when it comes to keeping mud off the body and rocks away from the paint.

The MPG over 7000 miles has averaged 19.3 MPG, with a low of 16 and high just over 22. The low was about half towing, and the high was 65 mph on the highway between properties. The factory trailer brake works great, and the 360 view is a very nice feature. Thanks to this forum, I did not get the trailer towing package, and instead, got the trailer brake only. The factory mirrors are great for towing.

The truck is comfortable, and I have come to enjoy the safety and creature comforts afforded by the various option packages. So far, I have not regretted forgoing the off road package (which was a real temptation but not really needed), but would have clicked the 12” screen had I been able to use one before buying.

So far, the New Ram has met my high expectations after trading up from a 2012 Ram 1500 that was flawless over six years.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you @356. I was concerned we hadn't seen you here.

Glad to hear some real world use of the RAM as a truck.

How all is well and it continues to serve you the way you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread