5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Market Off Road Package

ballgame168

Reaction score
I don’t think you would see much of a difference using the same driving habits. If you have any thoughts of larger tires or towing, stick with the 3.92.

What do you think MPg will look like on a Limited with the regular Hemi, 3.93 and ORG?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So realistically, how big of an impact on MPG will the ORG package have? Literally just ordered it on a Limited non eTorque and second guessing myself now.

I would keep the ORG and 3.92 gears. 3,92 for 95 bucks is a steal.

No reliable lift options for air ride suspension so ORG is pretty much the only option. You can mess with the links but that is risky in my opinion. BDS is working on 4" lift kit but requires disconnecting supply line for air ride which is risky since it is a closed system.

If you are worries about mpg, there are the pulsar tuners to improve that.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
for myself, the e-locker will not be used all too often - but living up here in canada, i can't tell you how many times i have driven over a snow covered job site, ran over something i couldn't see, and hit the underside of my truck. (rocks-lumber etc.) under carriage protection will be an asset.
Great point, if you need the protection group then adding the ORG is the way to go. If my $70,000 Limited goes off road, it is not by choice. :eek:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 16.3 screen MPG on the second half of my first tank. I just filled up for the first time yesterday but so far happy with the mileage since that first tank (especially the first half of it) spent a lot of idle time. Also noticed my Eco light comes on very frequently and started at around 40 miles on the odo.
I'm sure I'd get slightly better mileage without ORP but it's not a severe penalty by any means,

ballgame168

Reaction score
I got 16.3 screen MPG on the second half of my first tank. I just filled up for the first time yesterday but so far happy with the mileage since that first tank (especially the first half of it) spent a lot of idle time. Also noticed my Eco light comes on very frequently and started at around 40 miles on the odo.
I'm sure I'd get slightly better mileage without ORP but it's not a severe penalty by any means,
With or without eTorque?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With or without eTorque?

eTorque and 3.92 - both in my sig. I've also got an almost fully loaded rig so not only is the payload lower but that means I'm hauling all that dead weight around too.

ballgame168

Reaction score
eTorque and 3.92 - both in my sig. I've also got an almost fully loaded rig so not only is the payload lower but that means I'm hauling all that dead weight around too.
Sorry. Playing golf in Pinehurst and not paying close attention. How far behind MPG wise do you think the non eTorque would be?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So realistically, how big of an impact on MPG will the ORG package have? Literally just ordered it on a Limited non eTorque and second guessing myself now.
I think the ORG does and combined with the 3.92 that I have basically makes my MPG 13 lol

Burner_After

Reaction score
Thread revival... figured it was better than starting my own thread. Anyone have any insight on adding certain components of the Off Road Group to a 4x4 1500 without it? The only components of the ORG that I want are the 1" lift and the HD shocks. I really want the factory-style 1" lift and OEM HD shocks; not aftermarket. Don't want any potential warranty issues and I like the close-to-stock look of the ORG 1" lift and the stiffer ride of the HD shocks. I do not have the air suspension, just standard. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Thread revival... figured it was better than starting my own thread. Anyone have any insight on adding certain components of the Off Road Group to a 4x4 1500 without it? The only components of the ORG that I want are the 1" lift and the HD shocks. I really want the factory-style 1" lift and OEM HD shocks; not aftermarket. Don't want any potential warranty issues and I like the close-to-stock look of the ORG 1" lift and the stiffer ride of the HD shocks. I do not have the air suspension, just standard. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
If you have regular suspension, I think you could get HD shocks and springs from dealer. Not sure of part numbers or prices, but physical parts that are swapped out should be simple enough.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread