5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After-Market Differential Covers

jgc650i

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with the e-Locker. Thinking about possibly swapping out the Diff Covers and wondering what others have selected for those who have swapped. would appreciate any feedback and/or pics of what you’ve gone with and why. Also, I’m familiar with the testing Banks did on various flat vs rounded diff covers, so no need to repost that vid in this thread. Thanks in advance for any feeedback, much appreciated!

jgc650i

Reaction score
Bumping this up one last time to see if anyone else has any feedback. Even though it failed miserably the first time, I’ll say again. . . “I’m familiar with the testing Banks did on various flat vs rounded diff covers, so no need to repost that vid in this thread.”

Many thanks!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this up one last time to see if anyone else has any feedback. Even though it failed miserably the first time, I’ll say again. . . “I’m familiar with the testing Banks did on various flat vs rounded diff covers, so no need to repost that vid in this thread.”

Many thanks!
What's wrong with the OEM cover?
After watching the Banks videos, why not just go with one of theirs?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with the OEM cover?
After watching the Banks videos, why not just go with one of theirs?
Because they don't make one for the 1500s. I will wait to see if they ever do. Other than that's will stick with OEM

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because they don't make one for the 1500s. I will wait to see if they ever do. Other than that's will stick with OEM
That's a good reason.
Is there anything to be gained by other options?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out PPE, they caught my eye when looking for aluminum transmission pans

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good reason.
Looks mostly. If you watched the Banks videos then you know the downfall of using jher styles. I have a MagHytec cover on my Dakota. Looks cool, has a drain plug and "dip stick" to check fluid level that the factory cover doesn't have. Also uses an o-ring gasket for sealing, so no silicone mess. Holds about 1/2 qt more fluid

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good reason.
Improved oil cooling due to finned aluminum. Improved strength and stiffness due to cast cover. Improved fill and drain due to threaded plugs instead of rubber bung. Some even have bolts that add support to the carrier bearing caps, though I'm not sure how effective or necessary that is. And they look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread