5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed on 2022 order, do you know?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advance
I am looking to place a 22 order after the website updates.
So my first question does any know 100% if it matters who u order from to get your build done faster? Large dealer high volume sales or a mom and pop dealer? (Dealership and salesmans name) Or is more about what you order more options and chip related options.

Is there a any one, or a few dealers that seem to give a lower price? I live near Pittsburgh Pa, and dont mind a drive to save $ even to another state.

I am looking to get a Laramie Longhorn with most options. Patriot Blue, unless i can get it in olive green (i know 21 u could not). Hemi rambox muti funtion tailgate tow package etorque 33 gallon tank level 1 group advanve safety group bed group body color bumps

Would you suggest anything different or things u would stay away from?

As for the leather interior whats the difference between the regular leather and option and the premium, besides color?

Thanks again for any information that you are 100% on the correct answer and not speculation.

kmwr

Reaction score
So my first question does any know 100% if it matters who u order from to get your build done faster? Large dealer high volume sales or a mom and pop dealer? (Dealership and salesmans name) Or is more about what you order more options and chip related options.

Is there a any one, or a few dealers that seem to give a lower price? I live near Pittsburgh Pa, and dont mind a drive to save $ even to another state.

I am looking to get a Laramie Longhorn with most options. Patriot Blue, unless i can get it in olive green (i know 21 u could not). Hemi rambox muti funtion tailgate tow package etorque 33 gallon tank level 1 group advanve safety group bed group body color bumps

As for the leather interior whats the difference between the regular leather and option and the premium, besides color?

Thanks again for any information that you are 100% on the correct answer and not speculation.
Check with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles. contact sandi 713-301-6161, she will give you a great deal

Mathis35

Reaction score

I'm working on building a Big Horn Back Country with Matt from Weeks in West Frankfort, Illinois. He checked with his rep and said the Olive Green would start being offered in August. He's selling at invoice price (plus any incentives and rebates that are offered at time of delivery)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be honest…right now low discount prices are very hard to find. Due to low supply demand, people are paying top dollar for anything on the lot.

With that said, if your ordering, definitely try signing up for one of the affiliates, like tread lightly. After paying $100 and waiting 30 days, you can get a control number. With that power, you are already at invoice pricing saving roughly 6% off of MSRP without any sweat. Right now that is the best deal you can get. The days of getting 15-20% under invoice is not really achievable with low inventory.

Just keep in mind not all dealers want to play nice and will only let you order and give you msrp..but if you tell them you have a affiliate with a control number, you have the powers move on to another dealers.

It’s desperate times for dealers, and they would rather hold on to inventory for some uninformed person to overpay.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll give your first question a shot. Having watched a lot of builds on here over the last few months, there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern other than Big Horns tend to get built the quickest. My guess is that you may ship a little quicker with a bigger dealer because they may fill a rail car quicker. But, a dealer one town away from the high volume dealer might be just as quick since the rail cars just go to a region, not to the actual dealership.

This could be totally wrong. Maybe someone else will give a more informed reply.

BNeal

Reaction score
To be honest…right now low discount prices are very hard to find. Due to low supply demand, people are paying top dollar for anything on the lot.

With that said, if your ordering, definitely try signing up for one of the affiliates, like tread lightly. After paying $100 and waiting 30 days, you can get a control number. With that power, you are already at invoice pricing saving roughly 6% off of MSRP without any sweat. Right now that is the best deal you can get. The days of getting 15-20% under invoice is not really achievable with low inventory.

Just keep in mind not all dealers want to play nice and will only let you order and give you msrp..but if you tell them you have a affiliate with a control number, you have the powers move on to another dealers.

It’s desperate times for dealers, and they would rather hold on to inventory for some uninformed person to overpay.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Can you explain the control number thing? Haven't heard of that one.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you explain the control number thing? Haven't heard of that one.
When you are a part of an affiliate, you get a special code number that you can use to at a dealership to get a better price.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can a link to Tread Lightly be posted...
It's been posted plenty of times already.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

ny2az

Reaction score
if a dealer sells a vehicle at invoice ... they are cutting into there profit margin ... if the accept anduse the tread lightly affiliate number ... do they get re-imbursed any funds ...

Users who are viewing this thread