5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed: Lift and tires

jmoor126

Reaction score
I have the 2019 4x4 V6 Ram 1500 with 3.55 gears. I tow my boat (around 4k pounds) 3-4 times a month and up steep grades it can be a slug. I also commute 80 miles a day for work. Here's the issue, I want to put on a lift and bigger tires without sacrificing too much mpg and comfort. Currently on stock 18's want to move up to 20's.

Based on this I am debating on the Mopar lift or the UCA/readylift. Also, which tire would be best for aggressive look without sacrificing too much comfort/longevity/mpg. I know, I'm dreaming such a setup does not exist, but does anyone have advice?

As far as rims, I am looking at the Rockstar 3 machined and black. see attached pic for reference of the build.

Attachments

• truck1.png
    truck1.png
    420 KB · Views: 29

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rockstar 3 ..... deep sigh. I’m assuming you are doing 9/10” wheels. If you are looking at 12s, you definitely need 6” or it’s going to rub. Probably still going to rub with it. Also don’t recommend daily driving 12” wheels like that all the time.

Ridge grappler hands down.

Honestly all the smaller “kits” suck. I mean you can level it but that’s not really going to do anything. You might as well just buy a 6 inch kit, you could even not install the preload spacer (if part of it) and have it sit a little lower. Realistically the truck isn’t going to be that tall with 6” and 35s. It’s plenty driveable, it’s basically a leveled 2500 at that point. Maybe a hair taller.

There are alleged 4” kits coming out at some point. 4” and 295/60 would be the ideal setup for this IMO. 9” wheel 0/1mm offset.

The mpg is for sure going to drop with any large tire. The lift effect is minimal, it’s the rolling resistance of the wheel/tire that’s going to get you. Both weight and tread design. And speed, keep it at 60-65. Anything more and the mileage is going to sink like the titanic.

Last edited:

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Just on a 2” level with 22x12’s and 33” tires, I lost a couple mpg easily. All I had to do was remove those plastic little splash guards and do very minor trimming, and I don’t rub at all. The wheels are very heavy, so all of the extra stuff rotating mass affected it a little, but nothing that bothered me.

However, you might notice it a bit more considering you have the v6, and not the hemi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread