5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Safety Group not available

Chris

Reaction score
I've just heard from two of the dealerships quoting me a factory order that the Advanced Safety Group can not be ordered as an option on the Laramie model at this time, even if the Level 2 Technology Group is selected. They are trying to investigate what the issue is with FCA, and if the option will be available again in the near future.

Has anyone heard of this yet? Could this be due to the Tow Mirror/360 camera fiasco, and an attempt to resolve that issue before dealing with more cancelled sales?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I've just heard from two of the dealerships quoting me a factory order that the Advanced Safety Group can not be ordered as an option on the Laramie model at this time, even if the Level 2 Technology Group is selected. They are trying to investigate what the issue is with FCA, and if the option will be available again in the near future.

Has anyone heard of this yet? Could this be due to the Tow Mirror/360 camera fiasco, and an attempt to resolve that issue before dealing with more cancelled sales?

literally just ordered it (up here in canada) 2 hours ago. (no tow package)

D

Deleted member 85

Your dealer isn't selecting "SOLD ORDER" before option selection. If you don't have it selected it defaults to a "STOCK ORDER" and will not allow for many options.

...if you're in BC Canada feel free to give me a shout, I'll make it easy for you.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Your dealer isn't selecting "SOLD ORDER" before option selection. If you don't have it selected it defaults to a "STOCK ORDER" and will not allow for many options.

...if you're in BC Canada feel free to give me a shout, I'll make it easy for you.

looks like @BobbiBigWheels is on a selling spree:cool:

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks @BobbiBigWheels

I’m in NH near Boston, so the drive and import stuff would be a bit much :p

I’ll let the local dealership staff know to investigate the “sold order” stuff and see how well it works.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I just took delivery on my Laramie with the Level 2 and Advanced Safety group. That was one of my "must have" options. According to the materials in print, RAM considers the Laramie as part of their "hi-line" and makes most--if not all--options available. I would contact FCA directly through their customer service process.

Chris

Reaction score
Yup! The sales rep went to their GSM (General Sales Manager?) who marked the correct settings (Sold Vehicle?), and they were able to order it with the options I wanted even though those options were not normally selectable by the sales rep.

Order already placed and I was told it went through without any issues, and is in the queue now to be built at the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread