5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additional Rear / Cargo Camera

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I would like to add an additional rear / cargo camera to my 2020 Rebel to use when my tailgate is down - hauling ATV Etc. Having read many post about adding a front camera, I will be able to add it to the "Cargo Camera" function on my 12" U-Connect.
My question is, is there a way to activate the cargo camera with or instead of the rear camera when I put the truck in reverse? Can the cargo camera override the current reverse camera? My fear is that the cargo camera will work fine without the truck in reverse but as soon as I put it in reverse I will only see the reverse camera and not the "cargo" camera.
Thoughts?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to add an additional rear / cargo camera to my 2020 Rebel to use when my tailgate is down - hauling ATV Etc. Having read many post about adding a front camera, I will be able to add it to the "Cargo Camera" function on my 12" U-Connect.
My question is, is there a way to activate the cargo camera with or instead of the rear camera when I put the truck in reverse? Can the cargo camera override the current reverse camera? My fear is that the cargo camera will work fine without the truck in reverse but as soon as I put it in reverse I will only see the reverse camera and not the "cargo" camera.
Thoughts?
I activated the cargo cam option that I'm currently using for my front camera. You will be able to turn on the cargo camera . I added the cargo camera soft key so I can turn on easily/quicker. When the truck is in reverse and the reverse camera is displaying you have the ability to toggle between the reverse and cargo cams on the screen .

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I activated the cargo cam option that I'm currently using for my front camera. You will be able to turn on the cargo camera . I added the cargo camera soft key so I can turn on easily/quicker. When the truck is in reverse and the reverse camera is displaying you have the ability to toggle between the reverse and cargo cams on the screen .

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
That's great News! Thank you

CoachJoeWally

Reaction score
Are you guys making these adjustments using the factory cameras or aftermarket ones? I have a 2021 limited with the rear view mirror cam in the cargo light and would love to get that view in uconnect vs the rear view mirror.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Adding an aftermarket camera. I haven't actually done it yet.. waiting until spring now but it's on my very very long list. 😁

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you guys making these adjustments using the factory cameras or aftermarket ones? I have a 2021 limited with the rear view mirror cam in the cargo light and would love to get that view in uconnect vs the rear view mirror.
It’s not possible to make the camera for the digital rear view mirror show up in the radio screen.

Users who are viewing this thread