5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additional lights in tow hook spot

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I was seeing if y’all could make something like this for the 5th gen Rams that hook up a led light bar to the front tow hooks? I keep my tools in my truck at all times so if I ever had to use my tow hooks I could just unbolt and it but to be honest I haven’t used my front tow hooks once. An OP posted this earlier in the thread and I really like it and can’t seem to find anyone that makes something like this.
For light bars, we actually have a design we are working on to mount them on top of the bumper. It is a no drill option and will be super modular to work with different widths and styles of bars.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For light bars, we actually have a design we are working on to mount them on top of the bumper. It is a no drill option and will be super modular to work with different widths and styles of bars.
Hmm, interested to see how this works as I was thinking last night about getting the 30” that goes behind the bumper as it is more discreet but still puts out good light that y’all have displayed here if you couldn’t do anything with the tow hooks but I’ll hold off to see how this turns out. Also, can y’all do a Front Tow Hook light and bracket with wiring harness or can you retrofit the Reverse Light Bracket and Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro Lights with wiring harness?

Edit: I see you are currently looking into this?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm, interested to see how this works as I was thinking last night about getting the 30” that goes behind the bumper as it is more discreet but still puts out good light that y’all have displayed here if you couldn’t do anything with the tow hooks but I’ll hold off to see how this turns out. Also, can y’all do a Front Tow Hook light and bracket with wiring harness or can you retrofit the Reverse Light Bracket and Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro Lights with wiring harness?

Edit: I see you are currently looking into this?
Yes we are.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I am also more of a fan to attach a sort of DD SSC1 or DD SCC2 light or RC 2" CREE LED on the tow hook compared to make a bracket for another led bar, as we already have one in the lower grill (and some even have those A pillar lights too)

Fcso227

Reaction score
The top left picture is similar to what I was envisioning. Removing the hooks, then purchasing the bezels that fit in the tow hook spot. Then cutting out a hole for the lights to mount. 5thgen.ram did this on his truck with five pods and it looks really good.

Attachments

• 8_d9e8ec35-97fa-4b8b-82f8-f95aad552cb7_1024x.jpg
    8_d9e8ec35-97fa-4b8b-82f8-f95aad552cb7_1024x.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 51

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
been a while we asked here for an update of some bracket for the front tow hooks. Any ongoing updates on your own truck?
Still waiting for my new truck and haven't had a customers truck in long enough to make headway on it. I know what and how I want to do it. I just need a truck long enough to build and test it on.

Users who are viewing this thread