5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding the cargo camera/trailer camera

Yosamitysam

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie 2500 with the 12” Uconnect. It came with the trailer camera plug/wiring on the rear bumper. Has anyone ran a non-Mopar camera through this? And second: has anyone successfully added the Mopar cargo/third brake light camera? Not even sure if my Uconnect can support this. Thanks all!

EKeenan86

Reaction score
I'm curious about this too, I have the 8.4" and I would assume they prewire that light with the necessary connections but potentially not. I looked into adding the bed lights and those have the holes drilled but no prewiring.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Got any pics of the plug? Curious what it looks like

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie 2500 with the 12” Uconnect. It came with the trailer camera plug/wiring on the rear bumper. Has anyone ran a non-Mopar camera through this? And second: has anyone successfully added the Mopar cargo/third brake light camera? Not even sure if my Uconnect can support this. Thanks all!
Have a look at this thread;

Lots of great information on adding cameras, both front and cargo..and others.
Do you have a pic of camera plug on your rear bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread