5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding snowplow warranty question

Shuga

Reaction score
Anyone add a snow plow? Anyone know if it effects the warranty in anyway? I know Dodge has a snow plow package on the 21’s now. I don’t have that package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoCrow

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it didn't effect your warranty. Those new plows for the 21 are actually meyer plows and I install them as part of my job. The snow plow prep is usually wiring specific for plow lighting. Heavy duty alternator and most importantly heavier duty front springs. As someone who's seen the wear and tear plows put on trucks I would not recommend plowing with a 1500. They beat up even ram 5500 chassis cabs. They just aren't built for it.

Ranman222

Reaction score
I’ve got a plow on my 2021 , not worried about warranty, dealer never gave me any trouble about my last truck that had one.

Attachments

• 45F8A3A8-5E9E-47FB-A203-8BCE9EE8D71D.jpeg
    45F8A3A8-5E9E-47FB-A203-8BCE9EE8D71D.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 44

Shuga

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it didn't effect your warranty. Those new plows for the 21 are actually meyer plows and I install them as part of my job. The snow plow prep is usually wiring specific for plow lighting. Heavy duty alternator and most importantly heavier duty front springs. As someone who's seen the wear and tear plows put on trucks I would not recommend plowing with a 1500. They beat up even ram 5500 chassis cabs. They just aren't built for it.

I’m not going to beat it up, it’s only for my driveway which isn’t to large

Shuga

Reaction score
I’ve got a plow on my 2021 , not worried about warranty, dealer never gave me any trouble about my last truck that had one.

Looks great, what was the install cost? Did you have the package from the factory?

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Put a 1/2 ton specific SNOWAY plow on my ‘19 Rebel. Put in a 2” level and front Timbren kit on to help protect front suspension. Only plow my driveway and remove when done. Dealer has had no issues with plow frame on truck during warranty visits. Plowing can be rough on a truck but go as easy as I can when plowing.

Attachments

• A9EDFA2F-1D23-44E5-968B-76F1CDE926B4.jpeg
    A9EDFA2F-1D23-44E5-968B-76F1CDE926B4.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 33

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealer has had no issues with plow frame on truck during warranty visits. Plowing can be rough on a truck but go as easy as I can when plowing.
Dealer has no issues with it because it hasn't "broken" anything yet that they would quickly tie it back to ;)

Ranman222

Reaction score
Looks great, what was the install cost? Did you have the package from the factory?

Did the install myself. No snow plow prep. Does have the off road package.
I don’t drive around with it, just do my own driveway then take it off. Works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread