5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Sales Code Options

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about adding sales codes. Does anyone here know or heard of being able to add them over the air so to speak, without having to have the truck at the dealer? I have a guy at work who used to be a service advisor and he said they did it all the time, and he said it could be done for my bed lights I installed. Wasn’t sure if there was any truth to this or not. Thanks in advance.

Bubba33

Reaction score
Im having my dealer add tow hooks , splash guards and rear inner fender wells.

Yellotsacul

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about adding sales codes. Does anyone here know or heard of being able to add them over the air so to speak, without having to have the truck at the dealer? I have a guy at work who used to be a service advisor and he said they did it all the time, and he said it could be done for my bed lights I installed. Wasn’t sure if there was any truth to this or not. Thanks in advance.
AlphaOBD is what you are looking for. Do a search and you'll find some good info on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the AlphaOBD. I am just looking for an answer to my question about having a sales code added over the air. Are there any service advisors or techs on here that can confirm or deny what my coworker said about it being possible.

Raydar

Reaction score
AlphaOBD is what you are looking for. Do a search and you'll find some good info on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You'll need AlfaOBD, an Android or Windows tablet (or other non "i-product" device), a Security Gateway Bypass module, and a Bluetooth interface to plug into your OBDII connector.
I have enabled my trailer brake controller and security system with the above pieces.

Edit - Sorry. Never heard of it being done "OTA", but it may be possible.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the AlphaOBD. I am just looking for an answer to my question about having a sales code added over the air. Are there any service advisors or techs on here that can confirm or deny what my coworker said about it being possible.

Hello 410DelmonicoSport,
If you could please reach out to us privately with more information regarding your question, we would be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point.
Laura
RamCares

Swifty

Reaction score
I work at a dealer have never heard of ability to add sales codes ota

Users who are viewing this thread