5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Power Passenger Seat Controls

Rick1

Reaction score
I replaced the driver's seat cover on my last truck and there was more to it than a few screws, clips, and hog rings.
Just my .02

If just using my cover on another 5th gen seat is doable I'll take it to a pro for the cover swap. Upholstery is not one of my strong points.

My 5'4" wife is sitting on a cushion.

Thanks,
Rick

Miguel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

Miguel,
Where you able to match the color? I like the cloth but don't think I can match the Gray cloth interior. I was hoping I could get a power/heated passenger seat and use the covers off my current passenger seat.

Thanks,
Rick

Ya I was lucky enough to find color matching seats, in your case I don't FCA has a power passenger seat in cloth, only powered leather (I could be wrong as always) but you can always change your seat covers it would be a PITA to DIY so I recommend having a professional swap the covers

funtrucker

Reaction score
I have a Lonestar Level I package with cloth, power non-heated driver seat and want swap the front and passenger for oem leather seats for front and passenger sides. Since I don't have heated seats, will I need to add a wiring harness to have a power passenger seat?
thx.
Jud

Miguel

Reaction score
There should be a wiring harness in the truck already for the airbag and seatbelt warning

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it is all plug and play I just swapped my fronts bighorn seats (cloth, both heated, driver powered and front passenger not power) to Laramie heated and ventilated power seats there is a big yellow plug under the both seats that control everything
Thank you for the info, this is on my upgrade list when I find the right seat :)

s2000gtx

Reaction score
My truck came with power heated driver seats and heated manual passenger seats ( I have no idea why ram made such a foolish decision to do that . )

I found a person on Facebook market that has a 2019 ram big horn with power front seats. He was selling the set but I told him I only wanted the driver seat which is the power one.

The question I have is, he wasn’t sure if it had heat or not.

Is the heat module in the seats or underneath the seats?

Would it matter if I purchase a power front driver seat to install on the passenger side?

Custompainter99

Reaction score
My truck came with power heated driver seats and heated manual passenger seats ( I have no idea why ram made such a foolish decision to do that . )

I found a person on Facebook market that has a 2019 ram big horn with power front seats. He was selling the set but I told him I only wanted the driver seat which is the power one.

Would it matter if I purchase a power front driver seat to install on the passenger side?
heater is in the seat

brental1

Reaction score
Does it just plug and play though?
I'm swapping a set of Laramie seats into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. My truck came with power driver seat. I've posted on some other threads about the difficulty of adding all the wires to my truck to enable heat/vented seats, memory driver, and power passenger. I thought the easiest part of the swap would be the power passenger. I see several replies about it being plug and play. However, Pin 23 Fused B+ (yellow passenger seat connector) appears to be for the power seat. Although CB3 is present in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box in my truck; there is no voltage on the Pin 23. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brent

brental1

Reaction score
I'm swapping a set of Laramie seats into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. My truck came with power driver seat. I've posted on some other threads about the difficulty of adding all the wires to my truck to enable heat/vented seats, memory driver, and power passenger. I thought the easiest part of the swap would be the power passenger. I see several replies about it being plug and play. However, Pin 23 Fused B+ (yellow passenger seat connector) appears to be for the power seat. Although CB3 is present in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box in my truck; there is no voltage on the Pin 23. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brent
Bump. Can anyone tell me why there's no power at Yellow passenger seat Pin 23 (Fused B+) ? Or what I need to do to turn it on. CB 3 in present in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box.

brental1

Reaction score
The answer, just like the one he gave you, is yes. If you have the power driver seat, then the body harness contains the necessary wiring for the passenger seat. Power seats are not run through the BCM, so no settings changes needed. Plug n play.
I'm swapping Laramie heated/vented/memory driver/power passenger into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. I've posted questions about this swap in other threads. I though the power passenger would be the easiest part of the swap, I have Red 2.0 wire present in Cavity 25 of the yellow passenger seat connector and CB 3 is present in the Interior Fuse Panel. However, there is no voltage present on Pin 25. Just to be sure, I also checked it with Ignition in RUN and still no voltage. What am I missing? Thanks, Brent

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm swapping Laramie heated/vented/memory driver/power passenger into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. I've posted questions about this swap in other threads. I though the power passenger would be the easiest part of the swap, I have Red 2.0 wire present in Cavity 25 of the yellow passenger seat connector and CB 3 is present in the Interior Fuse Panel. However, there is no voltage present on Pin 25. Just to be sure, I also checked it with Ignition in RUN and still no voltage. What am I missing? Thanks, Brent
Find the XY330 connection under the center console. It’s a 30-way connector. Does it have that same red wire on both halves of the connection in position 30?
IMG_5050.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

you can't put a driver's side seat in the passenger side.

brental1

Reaction score
T
Find the XY330 connection under the center console. It’s a 30-way connector. Does it have that same red wire on both halves of the connection in position 30?
View attachment 159185 Thank you so much for the reply. I'll check to see if the red wire is present from the Power Distribution Center to

View attachment 159185
Thanks so much for your response. 1. I'll check to see if the Red 2.0 wire is present from the Power Distribution Center to XY330 as soon as I remove seats and center console to route the "auxiliary wire harness" I'm building. I don't understand why that wire wouldn't have been a "giveaway"; but hope that's the problem. 2. Is there anyway to find a "map" or schematic of where the different connectors are located in the truck? I now know where to find the list of connectors on dcctools; but I don't know how to identify a specific connector in the truck. Thanks, Brent

brental1

Reaction score
I can't talk about 5G; but on my 3G, I was able to convert a power driver seat into a power passenger. The seat frame was designed to be either Dr or Pass. I had to reverse the lumbar support and had to repin the switch--but it worked.

brental1

Reaction score
View attachment 159185
That was it. The Red 2.0 goes from XY330A Pin 30 to Pin 2 of Assembly Power Distribution Center-Interior C3. Wonder how much that saved by omitting that wire; 5 cents per car? Thanks, again.

Attachments

• xy330a.jpg
    xy330a.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Lgent

Reaction score
This is a pretty old thread so I’ll hope someone can answer, but I have 2019 BH and I noticed a wire stick out from under the front center seat. It almost looks like a micro USB but it’s not connected to anything. Also, anyone know what all the wiring on the front passenger seat is for if it’s not powered? Sorry for the crap pictures. The first one is the random cord under the center seat, the next is the wiring under the passenger seat.
5876c6d362843363709c6c100f86f61c.jpg

b74c534a0221501399516eeaf3c93467.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a pretty old thread so I’ll hope someone can answer, but I have 2019 BH and I noticed a wire stick out from under the front center seat. It almost looks like a micro USB but it’s not connected to anything. Also, anyone know what all the wiring on the front passenger seat is for if it’s not powered? Sorry for the crap pictures. The first one is the random cord under the center seat, the next is the wiring under the passenger seat.
5876c6d362843363709c6c100f86f61c.jpg

b74c534a0221501399516eeaf3c93467.jpg
Not sure about first connector, but wiring under passenger seat is for the weight sensor in the seat. Possibly heated seat as well?

Lgent

Reaction score
Not sure about first connector, but wiring under passenger seat is for the weight sensor in the seat. Possibly heated seat as well?

The weight sensor would make sense, there is also a clear hose, almost looks like some sort of vacuum hose I wondered about as well under the seat

Lgent

Reaction score
The weight sensor would make sense, there is also a clear hose, almost looks like some sort of vacuum hose I wondered about as well under the seat

It appears that “hose” is part of the weight sensor. Good call on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread