5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
So as an example I have a 2020 black night edition Big Horn, level 2, what would I need part wise to make it work/General parts list for us?
Pm me vin I can get you a list for your vehicle
Front door handles and end caps and door harnesses

tdb0021

Reaction score
Pm me vin will need to go to dealer to have restore vehicle configuration done unless you have scan tool capable of doing that

I have alphaobd which I believe can do this no problem. Worst case, I can take it in.

Kob0583

Reaction score
This is amazing yes parts and cost would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Had to replace front door handles along with end caps and door wIring harnesses add sales code GXD dealership tech rep added it to vin list as I did not have the ability because it’s not an accessory kit from mopar
Part numbers will vary depending on color of vehicle and the way the truck is equipped I can help any of you get part numbers needed based off vin have access to Star parts

It is a lot to ask, but could you please post a complete parts list and steps to take with dealer to make this work. Thank you!

parnine

Reaction score
@Swifty - THANKS! Great news.

With regards to ".. add sales code GXD dealership tech rep added it to vin list.." would you please expand on this in such detail that one could explain it to thier dealer with confidence, basically tell the dealer Service Manager EXACTLY what needs to be done? Or tell the 'dealership tech rep'?

I PM'd you my VIN, and very much appreciate your help, but I think you are going to get overloaded with requests.

Thanks again!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was one of the first things I started looking into after picking up the new truck. Glad to see progress has been made and thanks to all those who have been working on it. Hopefully I can get the dealer to help me out when it comes time since the truck has been with them nearly 2 weeks now for transmission issues. Anxiously standing by for more details.

Swifty

Reaction score
Ok so getting a ton of requests will help as fast as capable

every dealership has a technical advisor /tech rep that they can get ahold of when have difficulties or weird issues with a vehicle as well as an area manager they can contact them and ask that a sales code be added. They then need to do a procedure with witech “RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION“ to write the configuration from FCA to the vehicle our dealership charges 89 dollars for this once all parts are installed proximity entry will work I am currently working on lists for some of you and will work on a list to put on here
Alfaobd May be capable but not certain

Last edited:

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Sales code has been added to your vin Grey

Obviously this is keeping you busy...for those of us who are planning on doing this should we go ahead and PM you to have the sales code added.

I haven’t ordered the parts yet but plan on it. I’m not a technician but I will install the parts myself and have the dealership do the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread