5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

twil72

Reaction score
Just a heads up if you are in the MD/PA/DE/VA area. I purchased the kit from nismopar and purchased the rear antenna off Ebay for like 17 bucks. Someone in the earlier thread gave the part number. Then I bought from Jimmy07 on this thread the cable to make the rear antenna work. But the big thing is if you live in this area, I reached out to SWIFTY on this thread who works at a Jeep Dealership and he installed my nismopar kit for me. Not only that and I cannot promise he can do it for everyone but he was able to get the sales code added for me so I did not have to get the alphaobd to make it work. Works like a charm and he did a great job. So if you are trying to do this in the area reach out to him and he will at least install it for you.

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
Just a heads up if you are in the MD/PA/DE/VA area. I purchased the kit from nismopar and purchased the rear antenna off Ebay for like 17 bucks. Someone in the earlier thread gave the part number. Then I bought from Jimmy07 on this thread the cable to make the rear antenna work. But the big thing is if you live in this area, I reached out to SWIFTY on this thread who works at a Jeep Dealership and he installed my nismopar kit for me. Not only that and I cannot promise he can do it for everyone but he was able to get the sales code added for me so I did not have to get the alphaobd to make it work. Works like a charm and he did a great job. So if you are trying to do this in the area reach out to him and he will at least install it for you.
I just purchased the nismopar kit and it came with the rear harness and antenna. Not sure if they changed that or not, but I just received it a few days ago. Awaiting the MX+ OBDII adapter and then I'll get this going.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased the nismopar kit and it came with the rear harness and antenna. Not sure if they changed that or not, but I just received it a few days ago. Awaiting the MX+ OBDII adapter and then I'll get this going.
Nismopar has 2 kits - 1 with the rear antenna and 1 without.

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
Nismopar has 2 kits - 1 with the rear antenna and 1 without.
Ahh, I didn't know that.

After install notes for mine.

Definitely have a bucket or box to set the door card on while swapping the harness. I have the Alpine audio system and the tweeter wires attachment snaps were broken on one side trying to take the whole card out but on the other side; I set it on a box and it was smooth after that. I would recommend pulling the speaker out prior to dropping the door card. (not sure if that was mentioned.

Overall the three harnesses were swapped very easily just taking my time.

AlfaOBD was interesting for me as I used a windows RT tablet. Certain options didn't automatically pop up but once the body computer was connected through the OBD MX+ adapter, I clicked the active diagnostics tab and searched for the settings to change. That was smooth process, click the option, change the setting, hit update, and wait for it then I selected it again to verify the setting. Pulled the negative cable for 20 minutes, connected it and then the first time I grabbed the handle it worked seamlessly. After a trip to Home Depot I checked the settings menu and it was in there.

Long post but a big Thank You to everyone who did this research and tried it out. My 19's window sticker made it appear that I had this option like my wife's Durango as the verbiage was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread