5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding ORP suspension to stock 4x4

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth over what lift to do to my Ram. At first I thought just doing a level and moving on but I really don't like how low the rear end is. So then I thought of doing the Mopar 2" but that is roughly $1250 plus $500 install. So now I'm thinking of finding a way to add the ORP lift to mine plus a 1 1/2"-2" minor level to it. Does anyone know how this can be done and will it be significantly cheaper? Is it just springs? Do I need springs and shocks and anything else?

R

Rob5589

There is a thread floating around (suspension maybe??) about the Ready Lift 3.5" on the off road package. RL says to leave out the pre-load spacer on the orp, install if non orp.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part #’s for the off road package shocks and springs? I searched and cannot find them but I think I’d be happy just with another inch of lift front and back as these trucks sit so low.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're trying to go 1" ORP plus 2", you're going to end up very close, if not beyond, the suspension travel limits. You may just want to look into a kit that is specific to 3-ish inches of lift, like the Readylift mentioned above.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're trying to go 1" ORP plus 2", you're going to end up very close, if not beyond, the suspension travel limits. You may just want to look into a kit that is specific to 3-ish inches of lift, like the Readylift mentioned above.

The readylift is Mickey Mouse and not designed well at all. All it does is add a 2" preload spacer (awful ride from that) plus a top hat spacer to achieve 3.5". The only geometry they change is the UCA's which I can change too. I would rather at a 1" spring that is designed that height rather than having to add a preload spacer that would diminish ride quality and then add a 1 1/2" top hat spacer from motofab to it. A total of 2 1/2" of front lift wont hurt.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The readylift is Mickey Mouse and not designed well at all. All it does is add a 2" preload spacer (awful ride from that) plus a top hat spacer to achieve 3.5". The only geometry they change is the UCA's which I can change too. I would rather at a 1" spring that is designed that height rather than having to add a preload spacer that would diminish ride quality and then add a 1 1/2" top hat spacer from motofab to it. A total of 2 1/2" of front lift wont hurt.

I did not know that about the ReadyLift, definitely not how you want to go. The UCA is definitely the first thing to worry about.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not know that about the ReadyLift, definitely not how you want to go. The UCA is definitely the first thing to worry about.

Yeah, nobody makes a true lift below 6" for this truck yet besides the 2" Mopar Lift. All others are a mixture of spacers and paired with UCA's.

JasonLMarsh

Reaction score
I've got a 2" level spacer on my ORP truck and very happy with the results. If you can get a really good deal on front/rear shocks and springs then you should go for it, but at some point it may be worth the extra money to go with an actual lift.

Yogi217

Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering ORP front and rear shocks and springs to install on my stock BH. Anyone know if this is possible? Will I need additional parts? I am hoping for an easy swap.

nburd

Reaction score
I believe that is all you will need. You will need an alignment after. I am sure someone knows the answer. The ride with the ORP is excellent and to me just as smooth as a unit without the ORP. The Sway Bar links may be different too. Worth a check.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread