5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding lane-sense to a Laramie.

RBurr

Reaction score
I know there is a really good thread about adding ACC, Blind spot monitoring, and Lane-assist. I've read through a bunch of it several times and I still come away confused.

I'd like to add Lane-assit to my Laramie. I already have the Auto high-beam control, blind spot and cross-path detection, park sense with stop, Rain sensitive windshield wipers, full speed forward collision warning plus, and the 12" Uconnect with navigation.

What else do I need?

Thanks
BobUnless I’m missing something it seems my truck has all the components for the LKA and the ACC except the physical on and a off buttons. If that is correct then wouldn’t the comma work with my truck? Doesn’t the comma bypass these features and render them nonfunctional while it’s on and in use?

RBurr

Reaction score
Unless I’m missing something it seems my truck has all the components for the LKA and the ACC except the physical on and a off buttons. If that is correct then wouldn’t the comma work with my truck? Doesn’t the comma bypass these features and render them nonfunctional while it’s on and in use?

Toperz

Reaction score
Unless I’m missing something it seems my truck has all the components for the LKA and the ACC except the physical on and a off buttons. If that is correct then wouldn’t the comma work with my truck? Doesn’t the comma bypass these features and render them nonfunctional while it’s on and in use?
You will still need to change ABS and HCU plus add switch and bazel with switch LKA on top(next to hazard).

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

RBurr

Reaction score
I know there is a really good thread about adding ACC, Blind spot monitoring, and Lane-assist. I've read through a bunch of it several times and I still come away confused.

I'd like to add Lane-assit to my Laramie. I already have the Auto high-beam control, blind spot and cross-path detection, park sense with stop, Rain sensitive windshield wipers, full speed forward collision warning plus, and the 12" Uconnect with navigation.

What else do I need?

Thanks
Bob
So to add both Lane assist and ACC all I need is the different ABS and HSU modules and the physical on and off switches plus alpha OBD to program? Mine is a 2022

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So to add both Lane assist and ACC all I need is the different ABS and HSU modules and the physical on and off switches plus alpha OBD to program? Mine is a 2022
That is correct if you already have forward collision warning. To add lane assist and ACC, you need the ABS and HCU modules, right side steering wheel switch with ACC buttons, and the 12” screen that has the lane assist button next to the hazard button.

RBurr

Reaction score
That is correct if you already have forward collision warning. To add lane assist and ACC, you need the ABS and HCU modules, right side steering wheel switch with ACC buttons, and the 12” screen that has the lane assist button next to the hazard button.

What are the part numbers for the modules and the correct screen?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the part numbers for the modules and the correct screen?
ABS module- 68436462AK
HCU- 68415320AA
Steering wheel ACC switch- 68309592AC

Screen, 2022 ONLY:
Hazard and lane keep assist buttons- 68526598AB
Hazard, lane keep assist, and parallel/perpendicular park buttons- 68526524AB

Screen, 2019-2021 ONLY:
Hazard and lane keep assist buttons- 68456007AB
Hazard, lane keep assist, and parallel/perpendicular park buttons- 68312620AG

RBurr

Reaction score
ABS module- 68436462AK
HCU- 68415320AA
Steering wheel ACC switch- 68309592AC

Screen, 2022 ONLY:
Hazard and lane keep assist buttons- 68526598AB
Hazard, lane keep assist, and parallel/perpendicular park buttons- 68526524AB

Screen, 2019-2021 ONLY:
Hazard and lane keep assist buttons- 68456007AB
Hazard, lane keep assist, and parallel/perpendicular park buttons- 68312620AG
If I no get the screen with the park button can I also add this feature?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I no get the screen with the park button can I also add this feature?
Yes.
All of this is covered in detail in this thread:

RBurr

Reaction score
This is truth. I had rented a Kia once and it was basically self drive if i tapped the steering wheel once in a while. Truly impressive.
This is truth. I had rented a Kia once and it was basically self drive if i tapped the steering wheel once in a while. Truly impressive.
I’m only adding these features so I can run CommaAi. If I could get away with just adding the Abs stuff I would but it seems I have to add all the pieces for it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online