5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Factory Aux switches?

I was mistaken. I thought it was correct but I was not. That swith with the clock is for HDC.

I don't have it on one so didn't know. Can you tell what that button is for in the picture? Looks like it has an arrow pointing to a gauge, which is why I thought it was starti/stop

Which is also why I stated it was hill descent (HDC). Must be something related to year/trim and it would appear it's only for a 1500.

I can say with certainty that NONE of the 4WD 19+ HD trucks have that HDC button in the center stack as they are all on the 4x4 panel, whether dash knob trans shifter or column shifter.

FWIW, I tried adding HDC to my truck and it's not working due to 3500+air (no off road package). The BCM/EVIC know it's there, it's been pressed, but the PCM isn't cooperating on supporting it with my platform type and shows it's "disabled." on the EVIX when I try to use it. Just like the 19-20 DT can't do the Upfitter because the BCM doesn't support it.

Regardless, it's not what the OP is looking for and is a red herring as it relates to this thread.

For the Upfitter switch bank, it doesn't matter if it's a HD part as long as the top row buttons are correct. All the info is in the thread I linked.

68476024AB or 68376640AE is the TH, Traction, Park, Park, switch panel (gloss)

ALL the part numbers for ALL the switch combos in glossy and matte finish are in one of @Jimmy07 's posts on HDRAMS.COM

An Aux PDC and wiring has to be added regardless and unless one was lucky enough to get ahold of the factory upfitter kit, that's going to be aftermarket or built using OEM parts in the very last thread I linked below.

It's been done. 2021+ DT BCM will support it. Again, the info is in the thread I linked earlier. Start reading about half way through.

Aftermarket is always an option, some folks just prefer a factory look and are willing to put in the effort.

There's a great writeup on HDRAMS that details everything needed. I'm to understand this only works on 2021+ DT and (all) 19+ HD trucks.

So, theoretically, I can use an aux switch panel from an HD Truck, on my 1500? I have seen 1500s with switches before, and the panel looks identical, so I cant imagine why they would change the wiring and connector, all that would do is add cost to production.

So, theoretically, I can use an aux switch panel from an HD Truck, on my 1500? I have seen 1500s with switches before, and the panel looks identical, so I cant imagine why they would change the wiring and connector, all that would do is add cost to production.

Have you reviewed the thread here I linked earlier?

Part Number is part number. They are the same if the top row buttons are correct.

Have you reviewed the thread here I linked earlier?

Part Number is part number. They are the same if the top row buttons are correct.
I'm still reading through it, but there is allot of conflicting information there and i'm still trying to deduce what right and wrong, but I appreciate you helping out with finding this info.

I have been trying to find the aux switch panel for my truck but it’s on backorder everywhere. I need the one with tow/haul, traction, front park sense, rear park sense and the 6 aux switches.

If anyone is selling or knows where i can get one let me know. Thanks

I have been trying to find the aux switch panel for my truck but it’s on backorder everywhere. I need the one with tow/haul, traction, front park sense, rear park sense and the 6 aux switches.

If anyone is selling or knows where i can get one let me know. Thanks
ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE PN# HAVE YOU CHECKED EBAY?

ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE PN# HAVE YOU CHECKED EBAY?

Yes unfortunately Ebay only has diesel version or the HDC switches. I tried ordering from 12 different mopar website and they were all getting cancelled with reason being back ordered with no ETA. Tried to look at used parts websites and its same as ebay all non compatible models are available. Unfortunately couldn’t find any local part out trucks either. All those parts were gone too.

It’s crazy how nobody has got them. I tried searching with old part numbers too and nothing shows up.

Yes unfortunately Ebay only has diesel version or the HDC switches. I tried ordering from 12 different mopar website and they were all getting cancelled with reason being back ordered with no ETA. Tried to look at used parts websites and its same as ebay all non compatible models are available. Unfortunately couldn’t find any local part out trucks either. All those parts were gone too.

It’s crazy how nobody has got them. I tried searching with old part numbers too and nothing shows up.
DANG THAT SUCKS USUALLY EBAY IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR ME. I KNOW SOMETIMES FB MARKET WILL HAVE PART OUT VEHICLES HAVE U TRIED THAT ?

DANG THAT SUCKS USUALLY EBAY IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR ME. I KNOW SOMETIMES FB MARKET WILL HAVE PART OUT VEHICLES HAVE U TRIED THAT ?

Yup that was my next go to place after ebay and tried offer up as well. I got the 23 BCM installed in 19 thinking that would be end of all troubles for now at least but the main point of getting BCM was these switches and now they are extinct lol. I wonder if i get the hdc switch then i could probably take it apart and flash its code with a switch version i need and it would act the same and just have wrong switch label but for that too i would need the actual switch for my model to pull that file

Yup that was my next go to place after ebay and tried offer up as well. I got the 23 BCM installed in 19 thinking that would be end of all troubles for now at least but the main point of getting BCM was these switches and now they are extinct lol. I wonder if i get the hdc switch then i could probably take it apart and flash its code with a switch version i need and it would act the same and just have wrong switch label but for that too i would need the actual switch for my model to pull that file
SOUNDS PRETTY COMPLEX WHY NOT USE AUX BEAM OR SWITCHPROS ETC ?

SOUNDS PRETTY COMPLEX WHY NOT USE AUX BEAM OR SWITCHPROS ETC ?

I thought of them but they would be another box getting stuck on dash somewhere and the factory option to customize these switch to be battery/ignition or momentary/latch was the selling point for me lol. I can probably design something like tazer does for lightshows and it would be awesome thing to have. It’s just a good thing to have that can be controlled by truck CAN bus system.

I thought of them but they would be another box getting stuck on dash somewhere and the factory option to customize these switch to be battery/ignition or momentary/latch was the selling point for me lol. I can probably design something like tazer does for lightshows and it would be awesome thing to have. It’s just a good thing to have that can be controlled by truck CAN bus system.
WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND TECH?

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND TECH?

Lol yeah im into tech i was designing app like u connect has back in 2018 for my 2011 charger using ipad and raspberry pi decoding all the CAN bus systems. But they came out with that system in 2019 chargers so i gave up on that. Given that i was able to swap charger parts like uconnect 4c into my 4th gen ram most of the can message codes should be same. Im trying something on the uconnect 5 system on my 19 truck now that i have the 23 BCM for full potential and if it works I’ll have a post on that. It’ll save some people some $$ on these uconnect 5 radios. Honestly the 19 BCM chip could have been cloned or the file could have been extracted from it and modified and dumped into 23 BCM. I just didn’t have enough time or tools for it. I did open up the BCM and saw the chip to do that but i just didn’t have the programmer to read all its contents. Basically the rfhub pairing codes and stuff will be in that chip file somewhere and its just a painful trial error copy pasting line by line from old bcm to new bcm and trying it out in truck to see what works… i wish they had a separate eeprom chip in bcm but the bcm is eeprom and processor together in one chip which required a more complex chip reader than what i had.

Lol yeah im into tech i was designing app like u connect has back in 2018 for my 2011 charger using ipad and raspberry pi decoding all the CAN bus systems. But they came out with that system in 2019 chargers so i gave up on that. Given that i was able to swap charger parts like uconnect 4c into my 4th gen ram most of the can message codes should be same. Im trying something on the uconnect 5 system on my 19 truck now that i have the 23 BCM for full potential and if it works I’ll have a post on that. It’ll save some people some $$ on these uconnect 5 radios. Honestly the 19 BCM chip could have been cloned or the file could have been extracted from it and modified and dumped into 23 BCM. I just didn’t have enough time or tools for it. I did open up the BCM and saw the chip to do that but i just didn’t have the programmer to read all its contents. Basically the rfhub pairing codes and stuff will be in that chip file somewhere and its just a painful trial error copy pasting line by line from old bcm to new bcm and trying it out in truck to see what works… i wish they had a separate eeprom chip in bcm but the bcm is eeprom and processor together in one chip which required a more complex chip reader than what i had.
yup that went right over my head , im not sure what any of that means :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back