5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Factory Aux switches?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have it on one so didn't know. Can you tell what that button is for in the picture? Looks like it has an arrow pointing to a gauge, which is why I thought it was starti/stop

Which is also why I stated it was hill descent (HDC). Must be something related to year/trim and it would appear it's only for a 1500.

I can say with certainty that NONE of the 4WD 19+ HD trucks have that HDC button in the center stack as they are all on the 4x4 panel, whether dash knob trans shifter or column shifter.

FWIW, I tried adding HDC to my truck and it's not working due to 3500+air (no off road package). The BCM/EVIC know it's there, it's been pressed, but the PCM isn't cooperating on supporting it with my platform type and shows it's "disabled." on the EVIX when I try to use it. Just like the 19-20 DT can't do the Upfitter because the BCM doesn't support it.

Regardless, it's not what the OP is looking for and is a red herring as it relates to this thread.

Mr_Br1an

Reaction score
For the Upfitter switch bank, it doesn't matter if it's a HD part as long as the top row buttons are correct. All the info is in the thread I linked.

68476024AB or 68376640AE is the TH, Traction, Park, Park, switch panel (gloss)

ALL the part numbers for ALL the switch combos in glossy and matte finish are in one of @Jimmy07 's posts on HDRAMS.COM

An Aux PDC and wiring has to be added regardless and unless one was lucky enough to get ahold of the factory upfitter kit, that's going to be aftermarket or built using OEM parts in the very last thread I linked below.

It's been done. 2021+ DT BCM will support it. Again, the info is in the thread I linked earlier. Start reading about half way through.

Aftermarket is always an option, some folks just prefer a factory look and are willing to put in the effort.

There's a great writeup on HDRAMS that details everything needed. I'm to understand this only works on 2021+ DT and (all) 19+ HD trucks.

So, theoretically, I can use an aux switch panel from an HD Truck, on my 1500? I have seen 1500s with switches before, and the panel looks identical, so I cant imagine why they would change the wiring and connector, all that would do is add cost to production.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, theoretically, I can use an aux switch panel from an HD Truck, on my 1500? I have seen 1500s with switches before, and the panel looks identical, so I cant imagine why they would change the wiring and connector, all that would do is add cost to production.

Have you reviewed the thread here I linked earlier?

Part Number is part number. They are the same if the top row buttons are correct.

Mr_Br1an

Reaction score
Have you reviewed the thread here I linked earlier?

Part Number is part number. They are the same if the top row buttons are correct.
I'm still reading through it, but there is allot of conflicting information there and i'm still trying to deduce what right and wrong, but I appreciate you helping out with finding this info.

Users who are viewing this thread