5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding cargo divider and/or utility rails

CJ8Ranger

Reaction score
I tried to get the answer to these questions from another thread on the cargo divider, but I honestly came away more confused, as I couldn't tell the difference between silver and black rails, as the rails come in both colors.

I have a 2023 Limited Ram 1500. No MFT and no RamBox. It has the OEM Ram Trifold soft cover. I am looking to add a cargo divider. I have found one which is made by Roll and Lock, but I think Mopar makes the same part.

82215481 MOPAR RAM 1500 DT 5TH GEN CARGO BED DIVIDER WITH HARDWARE 2019-2023 OEM - MOPAR (82215481)

This divider shows black rails that come with the gate, however it says it needs the "pickup box utility Rails." I think the "pickup box utility rails" are the OEM rails that come with the Bed Utility Group.

2019-2023 RAM 1500 DT 5TH GEN PICKUP BOX UTILITY RAILS FOR 5-FT 7-INCH CONVENTIONAL BED OEM - MOPAR (82215285AB)

1. Does anyone know if this cargo divider comes with the pictured rails?
2. Do the rails from the BUG, 82215285AB, have to be ordered to fit with this divider?
3. Can the two be used together?
4. Do the two need to be used together?
5. Are there any fitment problems with the OEM trifold soft top?
6. Does anyone know if using both of these items will interfere with the use of a retractable tonneau cover like the Retrax or the Roll and Lock?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Attachments

• 82215285AB.jpg
    82215285AB.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 82215481.jpg
    82215481.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 35

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1. You need the rails in picture on left, rails in picture on right come with divider
2. You need the rails in picture on left (come with BUG or must buy), rails in picture on right attach to BUG rails
3. The two are used together
4. Must be used together
5. No issue with tri fold as long as you don't have ram boxes, if ram box equipped Ram you need a specific color rail (black or silver, I don't recall which one)
6. Can't answer, but see Amazon review as you may be able to purchase a roll and lock cover that fits

Recommend you read the reviews on Amazon

Members have put them up for sale on the forum

Last edited:

CJ8Ranger

Reaction score
I think what has me confused is I'm having trouble understanding why the set on the right has a set of rails that comes with the divider, but you need to buy another set of rails to make it work? I thought the divider would slide along the rails that comes with the set? I thought the set of rails on the left was just for tie downs, since it comes with the BUG? thanks for straightening me out

John Galt

Reaction score
Looking at the picture closely it appears that the diver sits BELOW the bed rails. My guess is the rails that come with the divider are installed into the bed rails and provide anchor points for the divider. It doesn’t just slide to any point in the bed, just the 3 positions where the divider tails have that thicker section.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking at the picture closely it appears that the diver sits BELOW the bed rails. My guess is the rails that come with the divider are installed into the bed rails and provide anchor points for the divider. It doesn’t just slide to any point in the bed, just the 3 positions where the divider tails have that thicker section.
Correct - divider rails attach to cargo bed rails

CJ8Ranger

Reaction score
Update.....Thanks to Jako's recommendation to check on the Roll n Lock on Amazon, it looks like the cargo divider will NOT work with the OEM soft trifold cover.
My original plan was to get a working set up for a divider, and when I eventually needed a new Tonneau cover, consider the Roll n Lock. Until then I am OK with the soft cover.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Update.....Thanks to Jako's recommendation to check on the Roll n Lock on Amazon, it looks like the cargo divider will NOT work with the OEM soft trifold cover.
My original plan was to get a working set up for a divider, and when I eventually needed a new Tonneau cover, consider the Roll n Lock. Until then I am OK with the soft cover.
Aha, so is this the answer to the "not available with some configurations" question?
If the mopar trifold is installed, it must interfere with the divider rails.
So, you must choose one or the other ?

Users who are viewing this thread