5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Adaptive Cruise Control

ch53e mech

US Marine. Very grateful to everyone for the help!
Reaction score
I might need a little help next week when the last of my parts come in for Adaptive Cruise Control. I am going to be using a used abs module and hcu. Seems straight forward from the posts on here, but it seems some of us are getting lights on the cluster and some are not. Could just be different factory coding or it could be some are missing a step during install. If anyone who did not get lights has a step by step they could send for alfaobd procedure to get current vin to read correct on used part and alfaobd step by step to enable ACC it would be incredibly appreciated. My butt hole puckers every time I use the program. Just want to make sure I don't mess it up. My big Horn is already my baby and if I hurt Rammotha I will experience a great deal of self loathing.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might need a little help next week when the last of my parts come in for Adaptive Cruise Control. I am going to be using a used abs module and hcu. Seems straight forward from the posts on here, but it seems some of us are getting lights on the cluster and some are not. Could just be different factory coding or it could be some are missing a step during install. If anyone who did not get lights has a step by step they could send for alfaobd procedure to get current vin to read correct on used part and alfaobd step by step to enable ACC it would be incredibly appreciated. My butt hole puckers every time I use the program. Just want to make sure I don't mess it up. My big Horn is already my baby and if I hurt Rammotha I will experience a great deal of self loathing.

This has step by step procedure for Alfa and if you look at the first three post where they talk about the parking brake they figured out how to work that error code out without having to take to a dealer.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was going off of. Thanks for confirming the info there is correct. Really appreciate it. Glad alfa put in the search option or I would be boned. Lol

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was going off of. Thanks for confirming the info there is correct. Really appreciate it. Glad alfa put in the search option or I would be boned. Lol
If you follow that procedure you won’t have any issues I was worried myself when I did ACC but it worked perfect and A LOT of others have done it as well with no issues. Yes, thank the lord for the search option but once you play with it a little bit you’ll get the hang of it. Also, make sure you make a backup file before you do anything in case you run into any issues so you can restore your settings.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Making a backup is one thing I am having a little bit of an issue with, but I will make sure I figure it out before I proceed. Thanks again.

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
You obviously don’t want help if you just going to be rude about people giving you options to help fix YOUR problem. Like I said and it’ll be my last response give it a couple of days or unplug the battery for a while and plug it back up. When we make changes like this to our trucks weird things happen you should be okay just take a deep breath and if that doesn’t help take care of the problem then if you made a backup start over. Sometimes it takes a few ignition cycles to get back normal. I had the same problem when I turned on PEB and after a day or two it stopped doing exactly what yours is doing right now.
OK, First of all I wasn't rude nor implying anything that might have and undertone of it, but if I have hurt anyone, Im sorry, that wasn't the intention.
Anyway, I want to say that I have fixed it! I went to a friends shop and out of a pure luck there was this 22 Rebel with ACC and LDW. I asked if I can take his BCM dump, and viola. He has "Cust.Set.Menu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES" and for the love of my live I just couldn't find that option in AlfaOBD for 2022+ DT BCM. I have pulled my old dusty android tablet that I remember using on my 2020 BigHorn but with 2019 DT (only that was available at the time) and under 2019 v4 there is a dozen if not more Cust.Set.Menu 3 options. One of them was Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present. I have set it to YES and in my radio there was a new option under FCW to set to enable, and viola, my FCW works again like it used to 2 days ago.

Now I also cracked the option on how to connect with the most up to date AlfaOBD as 2019 v4 and all of the options are there. You just need to use Advance Mode when connecting, and after connected manually change the BCM connection from 2022+ to 2019 v4 or a different one if you desire.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Under 2022+ did you try [BCM....car configuration change---near bottom of list...vehconfig 8: Pedestrian emergency brake (PEB) present: yes]?

ch53e mech

Reaction score
I only ask because I'm about to add acc in a couple of days.

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
Under 2022+ did you try [BCM....car configuration change---near bottom of list...vehconfig 8: Pedestrian emergency brake (PEB) present: yes]?
Yes i did. That is for vehicle configuration, not customer menu which you need. It was my mistake of somehow missing that last change in BCM as i was going back and forth between the 2 guides i found about ACC.

The one named “with DASM” actually asks you to enable that last feature in Cust. set. Menu.

Do as i did, and under advance mode in connection, after Alfa connects you to your BCM, manually select 2019 v4 and you will have that option to enable. After discovering of what it was, it took me about 1 hr to find my old tablet and charge it, and do it, but then i messed around with my current laptop that i use for alfa and figured in literally 5 mins on how to do it with the most up to date alfa as well.

Attachments

• ACC Guide Full.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • with DASM.pdf
    887.4 KB · Views: 21

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Wow, thanks a bunch. I think I now understand why some get lights and some don't. I really appreciate you getting back to me on that.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do I find out how you added things? New to forum and see no way to gain information!?
What are you asking? Might be able to help better if you explained it better. There is a modificatons section on this forum with some great info.

Reaction score
Alright. SO for those that know this process well, I want to ask a very simple question. I have the Level 1 Safety Group with:

1. Pedestrian Emergency Braking.
2. Advanced Brake - Assist
3. Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus.
4. Lane Keep Assist

Can I easily add ACC or Auto Dimming Highbeams with AlphaOBD/JScan or do I need to swap parts?

Thank you in advance...

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright. SO for those that know this process well, I want to ask a very simple question. I have the Level 1 Safety Group with:

1. Pedestrian Emergency Braking.
2. Advanced Brake - Assist
3. Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus.
4. Lane Keep Assist

Can I easily add ACC or Auto Dimming Highbeams with AlphaOBD/JScan or do I need to swap parts?

Thank you in advance...
You have to swap parts for ACC.
Auto high beam can be enabled using AlfaOBD.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you.

Regarding the sensor location for the auto high beam, I have the digital rear view with the DASM. Can anyone clarify what this is labeled as in the menu? CRVMM, ECC-AHBM, HaLF? Using JScan currently, as I’ve had it for other FCA modifications on other vehicles. Will not be doing ACC anytime soon.
There is no sensor for auto high beam. It uses the camera in the DASM. It doesn't matter what mirror you have.

Users who are viewing this thread