5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a powered sub to the base Stereo system?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone done this in a new Ram? I have done it in several vehicles in the past just to add some nice clean bass to the system not anything massive. In the past I have tapped into a rear speaker for speaker level input. If anyone who has done this can tip me on where you tapped in I’d sure appreciate it.

DSGCobra

Reaction score
check this thread out

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read that that thread but it’s way over complicated from what I want to do. No amp, no messing with the ANC(don’t even know what that is) , I just need a tip on where I can tap into a speaker for speaker level input, and a remote turn on wire or is that not possible?

DSGCobra

Reaction score
sorry not sure, was hoping you would find what you needed in there

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Adding a sub is almost certainly going to cause anc issues. You will probably have to disconnect the anc mics or purchase a bypass harness from lljcustoms.

That said you can tap speaker wires either at the anc harness (under driver's seat) or at the a pillars (driver or passenger)

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can try adding the sub and you might not have to disconnect the anc, but you might. Depending on how powerful it is, where it's located, luck? @lrobbi installed a self powered cerwin vega under the passenger seat and he did not disconnect the anc I believe. Not sure if he eventually had issues. You can try sending him a pm.

I had problems with my anc as soon as I changed my door speakers so I just disconnected the anc right away.

Bushwhacker702

Reaction score
Has anyone done this in a new Ram? I have done it in several vehicles in the past just to add some nice clean bass to the system not anything massive. In the past I have tapped into a rear speaker for speaker level input. If anyone who has done this can tip me on where you tapped in I’d sure appreciate it.
Look up @Irobbi. I followed his detailed instructions and added the same Cerwin Vega sub and it was extremely easy and sounds great. Fills in the factory system beautifully. I also added some kicker dash speakers. I’m into the whole setup $210 and it sounds great in my opinion.

lrobbi

Reaction score
I can’t believe that no one has just added a powered sub to their base 6 spkr system?
[/QUOTE]

No problems to this day with the Powered Cerwin Vega Sub and Amplifier.... You should be able to do this with ease and not have any problems. You can go with a seperate Amplifier and Custom box or go with the "all inclusive" built in Sub and Amp.

ghostface

Reaction score
Look up @Irobbi. I followed his detailed instructions and added the same Cerwin Vega sub and it was extremely easy and sounds great. Fills in the factory system beautifully. I also added some kicker dash speakers. I’m into the whole setup $210 and it sounds great in my opinion.
So did you need a LOC or no?

Wedgeajt

Reaction score
I got the ANC issue when I replaced my dash speakers. Just had to reverse the polarity on one of the speakers and issue was gone without disconnecting ANC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

trigabit

Reaction score
I got a TRX nothing more to say LOL I want to add my subs to get some more base, Ive see folk just tap into the speakers but where are you pulling power from? concerned about ANC. i shtere a harness I can purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread