5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding 360 camera?

Socks

Reaction score
Before anyone replies about the search feature. Yes, I searched. "360" is too short, "360 camera" itll only recognize "camera". So I get pages and pages of rear camera and other unrelated stuff.
My big question is can 360 camera be added as a plug and play? Obviously need new mirrors or drill into current mirror. Which both options I am okay with. But, the only thing I am missing on a Rebel is 360 camera. I am ok with losing the reclining rear seat and no a/c seat and the vinyl/cloth seat. The rebel 12 is cool but the added tech still doesn't achieve 360 so it lost the pizzazz.
Just curious as I went to test drive again and I gave out an offer of 45k OTD and they countered with 43k + TTL and in LA County taxes are like 10%. Which almost makes it 50k OTD from the 55k MSRP.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
It won’t be plug and play.
Its more difficult than just drilling into the mirrors or getting new ones. Im not sure if it can be done but if it can, it will be expensive, and a hassle overall.
I would suggest If you really want that feature it’s better if you buy the truck with it already not as simple as it seems.

Good luck!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could go Laramie sport packsge with off road package. That is about as close as you can get.

Why the Rebel doesn't have surround view makes no sense.

Socks

Reaction score
Yeah laramie sport seems to be the best bang for the buck. Thank you for the follow up. I really like that bright blue color too that you cant get on the rebel. The dream is a longhorn but that final price hurts to even think about.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rebels are awesome and unique.

But with the 5th Gen each trim has unique features. Some don't likethe interior of the Rebel.

With that sport hood...the Laramie is a much better bang for the buck. And you get the surround veiw.

Hope it works out for you. Just decide what is most important and go from there.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Agree, that is why I ordered a Laramie with sport and offroad and level 2. Paid for it in price and payload.

Socks

Reaction score
There are so many things to think about. I just am a bit wary of parking such a large vehicle without it. Maybe I can make it. The tires are thick enough to just rub the curb a bit and not mess up the rim.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before anyone replies about the search feature. Yes, I searched. "360" is too short, "360 camera" itll only recognize "camera". So I get pages and pages of rear camera and other unrelated stuff.
My big question is can 360 camera be added as a plug and play? Obviously need new mirrors or drill into current mirror. Which both options I am okay with. But, the only thing I am missing on a Rebel is 360 camera. I am ok with losing the reclining rear seat and no a/c seat and the vinyl/cloth seat. The rebel 12 is cool but the added tech still doesn't achieve 360 so it lost the pizzazz.
Just curious as I went to test drive again and I gave out an offer of 45k OTD and they countered with 43k + TTL and in LA County taxes are like 10%. Which almost makes it 50k OTD from the 55k MSRP.
Probably easier and cheaper to add the rebel features that you like to a Laramie sport with orp, biggest difference outside is the front bumper and grille.

Socks

Reaction score
I also like the blacked out headlight / tail lights on the rebel. I mean the laramie's are sort of blacked out but just not as much. Not a deal breaker at all. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. Hoping for some good news at sema tomorrow. 50k on a truck and immediately wanna change things makes my tummy hurt.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also like the blacked out headlight / tail lights on the rebel. I mean the laramie's are sort of blacked out but just not as much. Not a deal breaker at all. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. Hoping for some good news at sema tomorrow. 50k on a truck and immediately wanna change things makes my tummy hurt.
Still items that are interchangeable just purchase and bolt in. Items that require wiring and programming that isn't there from the factory are harder to add and don't always work like they should.

warvet

Reaction score
If I didn't love the Longhorn brown interior and wood as much as I do, my second choice would be

But Laramie + sport package + back edition. I know the Rebel guys love their Rebels.........I'm just not really a fan of it. That's just me.

BTW, don't be afraid to negotiate if Longhorn is really what you want. I ordered mine back in May and got it between Employee Pricing and Family and Friend's pricing ......well below invoice. The dealer had a huge discount---like $7K-$8K ( I can't remember) and then I was able to get other discounts on top of that from USAA, etc. Maybe the final price is still not what you want to pay, but it may be worth looking..........I've seen several Longhorns, on the road, not equipped like mine so I know they didn't pay as much as I did.

jkratze1

Reaction score
There are so many things to think about. I just am a bit wary of parking such a large vehicle without it. Maybe I can make it. The tires are thick enough to just rub the curb a bit and not mess up the rim.
I don't have the surround view cameras and I have no problem parking this beast. You will get used to the size. My tires have rubbed a curb a few times pulling out of parking lots but no damage to the rims. The surround view would be nice when pulling in or out of tight parking spots though.

weaverb2002

Reaction score
Hey,

I found a local company that is going to add the 360 view camera system and parking sensors to my Ram Rebel 2020. They are doing this for $2500 all in. I will let you know in the coming weeks how it turns out.

Edup

Reaction score
Hey,

I found a local company that is going to add the 360 view camera system and parking sensors to my Ram Rebel 2020. They are doing this for $2500 all in. I will let you know in the coming weeks how it turns out.
Hey,

Did you ever get this done? I bought a TRX 2022 and It didn’t include the 360 camera, so I’m looking for ways to add the OEM system to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/