5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added wireless Qi charging for $30

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I have a magsafe charger, but when I plug it in to either of the USB ports near the phone holder or the USB port in the arm rest, it will charge and then stop then start again. Charger works fine in the house. Any ideas/thoughts? I really want to wireless charge because plugging and unplugging the cable is annoying. LOL

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a magsafe charger, but when I plug it in to either of the USB ports near the phone holder or the USB port in the arm rest, it will charge and then stop then start again. Charger works fine in the house. Any ideas/thoughts? I really want to wireless charge because plugging and unplugging the cable is annoying. LOL
It may be pulling too many amps for the USB ports? But I think others have tried a mag safe and it worked. Not sure about that one tbh

SShadow1974

Reaction score
It may be pulling too many amps for the USB ports? But I think others have tried a mag safe and it worked. Not sure about that one tbh
If I remember correctly, it's a 15w wireless charger. I wonder if I switch my phone from fast wireless charging if that would solve the issue. Going to have to try that one. Anyone know the power output from the USB ports? Is it in the owners manual?

seansmd

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's a 15w wireless charger. I wonder if I switch my phone from fast wireless charging if that would solve the issue. Going to have to try that one. Anyone know the power output from the USB ports? Is it in the owners manual?
Usb ports too weak, you need ac plug

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good call. The charger in my pic above is connected to a brick in the inverter.

Users who are viewing this thread