5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added the Pulsar

Maxram

Reaction score
Has anyone updated the pulsar software? I just put mine in today and tested it out (didnt bother with updating since I need to order the cable to do it) and suffice to say the difference from stock to performance mode was pretty dramatic. Very pleased so far, hopefully no issues will arise.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its
I've got a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 with the Pulsar & Pedal commander (Bluetooth model) installed on my truck with B&S CAI, Borla SS muffler (3" w/o reso's), 3:21 gears, 20x10 with 33 12.50's & I can say with both turned up to Performance mode it is very hard to keep the wheels from spinning!! The truck went from mild to F-N WILD, with that said if I put both in eco-mode I can get 25 mpg's hwy & 17 city!! To those who are worried about dealership being able to see if something has been altered on the truck no worries just take 5 min & uninstall the Pulsar before you take it in for service. I've got 12,526 miles on the truck & with all the mods working together it's a ANIMAL, & I'm going to be installing Gibson long tube headers in the next month or so & hopefully turn my ANIMAL into a DEMON!!!!!
It’s not the quick option of uninstalling the pulsar. It’s what reads the dealer gets when looking at everything with a scan. Yes they can’t prove it but they still can deny you service if they think it has been altered. They would rather see if you actually go the extra mile and get a lawyer and do something about. Which most don’t. If they do, that is a long process. Guess what, you truck isn’t being serviced yet by them.

rebellion55

Reaction score
Curious is anyone had shift point issue in low gears and if the Pulser fixed/helped that issue? Seems like, along with myself, a lot of people have issues when shifting from 1st to 2nd at time, where it feels like it's not sure if it wants to shift, then it does with an annoying jerk/bump to it. Considering trying a Pulsar to see if the adjusted shift point might help. Anyone have any input on that?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious is anyone had shift point issue in low gears and if the Pulser fixed/helped that issue? Seems like, along with myself, a lot of people have issues when shifting from 1st to 2nd at time, where it feels like it's not sure if it wants to shift, then it does with an annoying jerk/bump to it. Considering trying a Pulsar to see if the adjusted shift point might help. Anyone have any input on that?
Pulsar doesn't adjust shift points.

Have you changed tire size from factory? When you notice this jerk/bump is it when trying to accelerate after slowing down for a light thet changes before you come to complete stop?

rebellion55

Reaction score
Pulsar doesn't adjust shift points.

Have you changed tire size from factory? When you notice this jerk/bump is it when trying to accelerate after slowing down for a light thet changes before you come to complete stop?
I have changed up to 295s. I adjusted the tire size through the obdlink though.
The jerk usually happens if I'm in 1st and let off the gas a little before it shifts to 2nd. But it's not immediate, sometimes is seconds after a let off the gas. It's like it's stuck between gears almost.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The jerk usually happens if I'm in 1st and let off the gas a little before it shifts to 2nd. But it's not immediate, sometimes is seconds after a let off the gas. It's like it's stuck between gears almost.
295 is the tire width in mm.
Means nothing without the aspect ratio and rim diameter.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, letting off the gas would cause confusion with the TCM, so it's understandable. I usually keep it floored until I reach the speed I want

rebellion55

Reaction score
Well, letting off the gas would cause confusion with the TCM, so it's understandable. I usually keep it floored until I reach the speed I want
It's usually in a parking or something where I'm basically just rolling. Or about to come to a stop even.

Users who are viewing this thread