5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added oem led headlights

Rstan2010

Reaction score
So I added led oem headlights to my ram 2500 that came with factory halogen. Have all settings turned on to work from my alphaobd. My only issue is my led strips don’t turn on during the day like I see most trucks do. Anything else that needs to be configured with my settings? My drl are low beam lights only no led surround. ThAnks

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not an expert but I thought that you needed to find the DRL settings in Alphaobd and select which light to use. My 2020 1500 uses the low beams for DRL while my '15 used the orange LED strip.,

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I added led oem headlights to my ram 2500 that came with factory halogen. Have all settings turned on to work from my alphaobd. My only issue is my led strips don’t turn on during the day like I see most trucks do. Anything else that needs to be configured with my settings? My drl are low beam lights only no led surround. ThAnks
Did you change these two settings to YES:
CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes this is done
Those two settings are what make the signature lighting (the top and bottom strip) illuminate when the headlights are off. Can you post a copy of your BCM log so I can see if there are other settings that might not be right.

Rstan2010

Reaction score
Those two settings are what make the signature lighting (the top and bottom strip) illuminate when the headlights are off. Can you post a copy of your BCM log so I can see if there are other settings that might not be right.
Yes, I will get this. Do you know what I need to make Led fog lights work? Oem fogs installed.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I will get this. Do you know what I need to make Led fog lights work? Oem fogs installed.
CBC Config I/O: Connector A Pin 01 and Connector D Pin 13: Front Fog Lamps Output Present- YES
CBC Features: LED Front Fog Lamps Present- YES

Fogs on with high beams:
CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled- NO

Rstan2010

Reaction score
Here’s what I have. Hope I’m posting the right information. Also, my fog lights don’t work with those settings turned on. Very frustrating that I can’t get my fog lamps to work
CBC Config I/O: Connector A Pin 01 and Connector D Pin 13: Front Fog Lamps Output Present- YES
CBC Features: LED Front Fog Lamps Present- YES

Fogs on with high beams:
CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled- NO

Attachments

• C6650C54-CEE2-4639-A6BB-75825DA7F3B3.jpeg
    C6650C54-CEE2-4639-A6BB-75825DA7F3B3.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 53
  • 142FD08A-EFAC-43DB-845D-E4044FB4BC11.jpeg
    142FD08A-EFAC-43DB-845D-E4044FB4BC11.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 52
  • D788195C-7325-4A8C-950A-E5031451F62B.jpeg
    D788195C-7325-4A8C-950A-E5031451F62B.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 52

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s what I have. Hope I’m posting the right information. Also, my fog lights don’t work with those settings turned on. Very frustrating that I can’t get my fog lamps to work
I kinda need you to upload the whole BCM system ID to google drive, and pot a link for it. That way, I can put it in WinMerge to compare the whole thing to a truck that has the factory feature

Rstan2010

Reaction score
I kinda need you to upload the whole BCM system ID to google drive, and pot a link for it. That way, I can put it in WinMerge to compare the whole thing to a truck that has the factory feature
How do I do acquire the bcm system id

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it’s the same as adding the OEM LED lights to a 1500 you need to run a power wire and use a fuse tap to the fuse box under the hood. Need to find a fuse that turns on with the ignition. That’s what I needed to do to get mine to work

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do I do acquire the bcm system id
It’s what you posted pictures of. Connect to BCM. Click on battery icon in bottom right. Select “read system ID”. Select tools icon in upper right. Select upload to google drive. Sign in. Select upload faults/status logs. Select body_chrysler_info log. Open google drive. Select that log. Share it for “anyone with internet access can view this link”. Copy the link and paste it here.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s the same as adding the OEM LED lights to a 1500 you need to run a power wire and use a fuse tap to the fuse box under the hood. Need to find a fuse that turns on with the ignition. That’s what I needed to do to get mine to work
No fuse tap necessary. Not even for the 1500s.

Rstan2010

Reaction score
It’s what you posted pictures of. Connect to BCM. Click on battery icon in bottom right. Select “read system ID”. Select tools icon in upper right. Select upload to google drive. Sign in. Select upload faults/status logs. Select body_chrysler_info log. Open google drive. Select that log. Share it for “anyone with internet access can view this link”. Copy the link and paste it here.

FM45

Reaction score
@Rstan-- if you upgrade oem halogen to oem led, I think you flip the pins in your connectors....
first pic is base--second is prem...
base.png prem.png

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

Rstan2010

Reaction score
Here’s the only two I see:
Change CBC External Light Calibr Signature Light Present to YES
Change CBC Features DRL Lamp Location to LOW BEAM DRL
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me! Changed the settings this morning and it worked! Now on to the fog lights and swapping the wires. Do I swap both inner wires on both left and right fog?

FM45

Reaction score
I would swap the wires/pins on the plug- harness side... leave fog harness alone... do both sides ,left and right.
What you are doing is just flipping the neg to positive and vice versa.. use pics as reference...

-=FM45=-

Users who are viewing this thread