5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add-On CD Player

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think that I would be interested in this player because we have a number of books on cd that we would listen to on long road trips.
Four months in and mine still works great

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
CD player. 🤣 😅 Next you will be heading down to the carhop for a burger and shake with this chick.....

5r6udrtre.jpg

Svt40

Reaction score
Can we add OEM ve player ?
I've been rooting around on the web and have found one useful thread on another Ram forum. The OP of that thread said he bought the OEM Mopar CD-player for a 2019 along with some dash bezel. Then he found the OEM harness that worked with his truck and had the u-connect flashed for the CD-player. But apparently there are a ton of harnesses to pick from based on your particular truck options.

Still looking for that thread again.

Found the thread again and after punching in his part numbers it seems he was adding an OEM CD-player to the center console and not the empty spot on the dash of the 2020-21s.

Last edited:

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
I think if you have the cables, behind the console, you can connect and then activate with OBD

Daverous

Reaction score
Yes it can be done. You'll need alfaobd to activate but otherwise plug and play with the appropriate 19 center console harness. Added one to my 20 since I had a spare.

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Yes it can be done. You'll need alfaobd to activate but otherwise plug and play with the appropriate 19 center console harness. Added one to my 20 since I had a spare.
Are The wire will be behind the console?

Daverous

Reaction score
The main harness is. You'll need the center console harness from a 19 to match your current options. The 19 harness will include the plug for the cd player. Runs around 75 bucks new. All plug and play. You can also add wireless charging at the same time to avoid splicing with the Mopar kit.

Or buy the entire center console if that's your thing. Bolts and plugs right in

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
The 19 harness will include the plug for the cd player. Runs around 75 bucks new. All plug and play. Can you give me the part number ?

Daverous

Reaction score
I can't, it would depend entirely on your options package. Wireless charger? Rear heated seats? Cooled rear seats? Ext. Best bet is to plug in a 19 Vin with your same options on a Mopar parts site and search for the console harness. There are like 15 varients.

schlite60

Reaction score
I am in the process to install a OEM CD player in my 2020 Limited 3500, I have the Cd player installed and finally got the correct wire bundle that goes into console with CD player connector. This also a work in progress. Will update when I get the new wire bundle in the console easy to put in by the looks of it and the console is held in by 6 bolts . I did cleanup of extra large soda pop spilage underneath console and had it pulled out to get all of the sticky stuff off.

Oldphart

Reaction score
As my name indicates, I'm probably one of the older guys here (turned 70 last September). What I did over time was to rip every CD I ever bought to a wave file at the least compression available. My collection is on my iphone, ipad, laptops, you get the idea. Just plug it into a usb port or bluetooth it. All track info shows on the 12" main display as well as the DIC.

If I can do this at my age, anyone else should be able to....funny, but I still prefer actual books and magazines to Kindle versions.

slicktop

Reaction score
I am in the process to install a OEM CD player in my 2020 Limited 3500, I have the Cd player installed and finally got the correct wire bundle that goes into console with CD player connector. This also a work in progress. Will update when I get the new wire bundle in the console easy to put in by the looks of it and the console is held in by 6 bolts . I did cleanup of extra large soda pop spilage underneath console and had it pulled out to get all of the sticky stuff off.
any update on this? The CD player is easy to find; the harness seems to be hard to ttrack down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online