5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Me to the List: Water Leaking

Hackmunch

Reaction score
anyone have any idea where these rear windows are leaking at? top middle seam?

KSOTI

Reaction score
Mine leaks on the driver side. Exact cause for leak is unknown. I think its between the OEM glass and the seal/frame it comes installed on. But thats not confirmed. Just my guess.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed mine and redid the seal as well .. it "seams" (get it?) LOL - that if water comes in, it may roll off to one side or the other making one think it is the window itself.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i still think alot of these leaks are from the 3rd brake light.
Mine reportedly was the third brake light when water tested.
I had 2 loaners that also had the headliner staining and I heard this was an issue on the previous generation. Supposedly tightening the middle two screws prior to the outside two screws helped with the issue as well. The dealer sealed mine prior to putting on the new one. And they let me install my led bulbs prior to them putting it on.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
This is my third time to the dealer for a leaking rear window. The first time they said it was a bad seal. the second time the replaced the middle window. Each time I try to point out there are cracks in the plastic surround of the window. If anyone has any advice different then tightening the screws (as that has been confirmed to have been done). I would appreciate it. Is this a build date issue?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
This is my third time to the dealer for a leaking rear window. The first time they said it was a bad seal. the second time the replaced the middle window. Each time I try to point out there are cracks in the plastic surround of the window. If anyone has any advice different then tightening the screws (as that has been confirmed to have been done). I would appreciate it. Is this a build date issue?
Are they 100% sure it’s the rear window leaking? Did they water test it?

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Are they 100% sure it’s the rear window leaking? Did they water test it?
I don't think they have a clue what is going on. Yes they water tested it. After the second visit there was no leak for about 4 days. I know this cause it rained then I washed the truck. During the wash is when it started leaking again. I'm not sure if they think its the 3rd light or the window. I tend to believe its something to do with the 3rd light as it comes in the same place every time right where there are cracks beneath the 3rd light. Does anyone else have cracks in the trim around the glass?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I don't think they have a clue what is going on. Yes they water tested it. After the second visit there was no leak for about 4 days. I know this cause it rained then I washed the truck. During the wash is when it started leaking again. I'm not sure if they think its the 3rd light or the window. I tend to believe its something to do with the 3rd light as it comes in the same place every time right where there are cracks beneath the 3rd light. Does anyone else have cracks in the trim around the glass?
Any pics showing what you are talking about?

KSOTI

Reaction score
Yep. We isolated the 3rd BL and antenna its definitely come in the window for me. My theory is bad OEM bond between the glass itself and the seal which is done at the manufacturer. I believe they have a bad batch of glass out in production.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Yep. We isolated the 3rd BL and antenna its definitely come in the window for me. My theory is bad OEM bond between the glass itself and the seal which is done at the manufacturer. I believe they have a bad batch of glass out in production.

Which side of the rear glass? We have similar build dates, and mine has a very very small drop of water coming from the driver side corner of the rear glass after certain rain / washing the car. Not enough to accumulate water, but a drop is still a drop where it shouldn't be.

KSOTI

Reaction score
Which side of the rear glass? We have similar build dates, and mine has a very very small drop of water coming from the driver side corner of the rear glass after certain rain / washing the car. Not enough to accumulate water, but a drop is still a drop where it shouldn't be.
Yep. Same. Drivers side. If i put a hose to the drivers side near the corner water drops form on the inside edge all the way across to the middle.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Here is a pick of the cracks in the trim around the window.while I haven’t torn anything apart but you can see the dealer has and made the problem worse. The water that comes in starts above the crack and follows it down the crack.

Attachments

• 62AE7A78-6113-4329-8086-3CAE8B1A0FE9.jpeg
    62AE7A78-6113-4329-8086-3CAE8B1A0FE9.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 120

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Here is a pick of the cracks in the trim around the window.while I haven’t torn anything apart but you can see the dealer has and made the problem worse. The water that comes in starts above the crack and follows it down the crack.
Yeah I’m sure that whole window needs to be replaced at minimum

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Here's the leak in mine. Driver side, the top corner of the rear window. Takes a few minutes of holding the hose / washing the truck for it to happen, or a pretty intense rain storm. It's just a small drop that gets in, streaks down the side but stops just before being behind the trim behind the seats. I will have the dealer look at it tomorrow while they are doing the oil change.

Attachments

• 68950815_959787904365735_8512691220089143296_n.jpg
    68950815_959787904365735_8512691220089143296_n.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread