5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive cruise control

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Little offtopic, but just noticed your fuelly report in your sig. Are you truly only getting 11.4 avg MPG? How is that possible? That's lower than the rated city MPG by a substantial amount, and for that to be avg, you must be doing 8 or 9 mpg at times. I hope you drive it like you stole it, because I drive like my grandma and I'm hoping for 18-19 mpg avg when my truck arrives.
My case is atypical. My commute is a little less than a mile each way, which kills my MPG. Been terrible in every vehicle I’ve owned.
On the upside, I only have to fill up once every three weeks or so... =)

Cheers

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Yep. You'll prob be better off waiting until it's time to trade and then get what you want.
I tell you, the adaptive cruise is the bomb. I use it all the time when I'm driving on the fwy. Very, very mature system.

Cheers,

I use it inside town as well

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical:8B - Chime:Buzzer:Driver Assist:Description SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM.pdf
    114.5 KB · Views: 33

gener8s

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I realize that this is a pretty old thread, but I joined this forum to specifically discuss this topic. I guess my question is is it doable? I read the PDF and understand that there are a lot of components involved, but most of those components are already in the truck ( PCM, TCM, ABS module). What new hardware would be required?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I realize that this is a pretty old thread, but I joined this forum to specifically discuss this topic. I guess my question is is it doable? I read the PDF and understand that there are a lot of components involved, but most of those components are already in the truck ( PCM, TCM, ABS module). What new hardware would be required?
I've shared the documents on this thread that will show everything that's needed.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

jastevenson

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

The real question is whether upgrading will be easier on a 2021 since those now come with LDW and FCW standard, vs. in 2020 when none of that was available outside the Advanced Safety Group.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

The real question is whether upgrading will be easier on a 2021 since those now come with LDW and FCW standard, vs. in 2020 when none of that was available outside the Advanced Safety Group.
You bet.
Yeah, I would imagine it'd be easier.

Users who are viewing this thread