5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive cruise control

Viper67

Reaction score
Anyone add this yet? I have the 2019 Laramie and want to add this. Is it doable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Dude, howd you get a 2029!? You from the future? Lol

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
I would like to see some pics of it to see how much they changed. Did Marty get it for you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how many recalls the 2029 has!? Did they solve the squeaking brakes issue? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

maddog49

Reaction score
Its not exactly a plug and play option as it integrates with several modules.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
MAddog I figured but it it’s not too hard and then a flash I might try it.
There are a lot of components involved, and it would be quite a large project, just on the electrical side alone, to get this working.
Here’s the documentation. Good luck!

Attachments

• 08 - electrical:8p - speed control:description adaptive cruise control with stop and go.pdf
    331.7 KB · Views: 117

Viper67

Reaction score
That was a good read. Wow that’s a lot of stuff. I’m guessing 2-3 grand for labor alone.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That was a good read. Wow that’s a lot of stuff. I’m guessing 2-3 grand for labor alone.

Yep. You'll prob be better off waiting until it's time to trade and then get what you want.
I tell you, the adaptive cruise is the bomb. I use it all the time when I'm driving on the fwy. Very, very mature system.

Cheers,

Viper67

Reaction score
Neurobit any chance you have insight into what I need to do to get the button to display in Uconnect on the controls page to deploy steps? I added the amp research steps. Love to have this button.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Neurobit any chance you have insight into what I need to do to get the button to display in Uconnect on the controls page to deploy steps? I added the amp research steps. Love to have this button.
Viper, that I do not know. Have you reached out to AMP?
I would imagine that’s something that could be done with some sort of Pic programmer if someone tried.

Cheers,

Lize

Reaction score
AMP steps don't interface to the uConnect, you can get a button from AMP to add somewhere on your dashboard.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
I tell you, the adaptive cruise is the bomb. I use it all the time when I'm driving on the fwy. Very, very mature system.

Second this. I was on a busy interstate last evening and made the interchange and merged onto another major interstate, and never touched my gas or brake for several miles through the process. Between that and the lane keep this thing damn near drives itself on the hwy

azzx

Reaction score
There are a lot of components involved, and it would be quite a large project, just on the electrical side alone, to get this working.
Here’s the documentation. Good luck!

Hi

do you the documentation for the Lane Departure System?

I am trying to figure out the common components for these
Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi

do you the documentation for the Lane Departure System?

I am trying to figure out the common components for these
Thanks
Sure thing. Here you go, plus a few extra:

Attachments

• 00 - Vehicle Data:Vehicle Information:International Vehicle Control and Display Symbols:Descri...pdf
    926 KB · Views: 26
  • 08 - Electrical:8P - Speed Control:Description ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP AND GO.pdf
    331.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 08 - Electrical:8B - Chime:Buzzer:Driver Assist:Description LANE DEPARTURE WARNING.pdf
    148.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 08 - Electrical:8E - Electronic Control Modules:MODULE, Drivers Assistance System:Description ...pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 08 - Electrical:8B - Chime:Buzzer:Driver Assist:Description BLIND SPOT MONITORING WITH REAR C...pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 08 - Electrical:8B - Chime:Buzzer:Driver Assist:Description FULL SPEED RANGE FORWARD COLLISIO...pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 08 - Electrical:8E - Electronic Control Modules:MODULE, Blind Spot (BSM):Description DESCRIPT...pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 14

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You bet. Glad to be of help.

Little offtopic, but just noticed your fuelly report in your sig. Are you truly only getting 11.4 avg MPG? How is that possible? That's lower than the rated city MPG by a substantial amount, and for that to be avg, you must be doing 8 or 9 mpg at times. I hope you drive it like you stole it, because I drive like my grandma and I'm hoping for 18-19 mpg avg when my truck arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread