5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive cruise control

Downunderlamrie

Reaction score
Good morning everyone an thanks for adding me , I have a 2022 laramie 1500 with standard cruise control . Is it possible to buy an fit the adaptive system to my truck

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s some light reading on the subject.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I really like it, I use it every day.

admmck

Reaction score
Good morning everyone an thanks for adding me , I have a 2022 laramie 1500 with standard cruise control . Is it possible to buy an fit the adaptive system to my truck

I have the same question on 2022 Laramie, 8.4 in Uconnect version 5.

I only want ACC, don't care too much for lane assist (can I have ACC without lane assist?). I think I already have the correct hardware on the windshield. The forum link posted by Eighty discusses older RAMs, not the 2022 specifically.

Trying to get more information on 2022 model years specifically.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same question on 2022 Laramie, 8.4 in Uconnect version 5.

I only want ACC, don't care too much for lane assist (can I have ACC without lane assist?). I think I already have the correct hardware on the windshield. The forum link posted by Eighty discusses older RAMs, not the 2022 specifically.

Trying to get more information on 2022 model years specifically.
It's the same generation...

admmck

Reaction score
It's the same generation...

Yes, I understand. But the hardware in the windshield and Uconnect are updated for the 2022 vs 2019, correct? My question is regarding adding the ACC to the 2022 year model Ram.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, I understand. But the hardware in the windshield and Uconnect are updated for the 2022 vs 2019, correct? My question is regarding adding the ACC to the 2022 year model Ram.
ACC and uConnect have nothing to do with each other...
I don't know of any differnet hardware installed in 2022s vs 2019.

2019-2021 have UC4, and 2022 have UC5, but uConnect is just the software on the radio. It has nothing to do with how the truck drives.
You also can't adjust or toggle anything ACC related via uConnect.

admmck

Reaction score
ACC and uConnect have nothing to do with each other...
I don't know of any differnet hardware installed in 2022s vs 2019.

2019-2021 have UC4, and 2022 have UC5, but uConnect is just the software on the radio. It has nothing to do with how the truck drives.
You also can't adjust or toggle anything ACC related via uConnect.

I agree, and thanks for your reply and info.

I've seen where the windshield mounted hardware could be different on the 2022, I guess is my question? I think I already have the needed windshield camera hardware? I'm looking to find out how to confirm this. Then to find out what else is needed to add ACC. And... do I need to have lane assist to install ACC hardware and software? Or can I have ACC without lane assist?

Thanks again for your reply.

Sportznut

Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned with lane assist being part of the package. You can always turn it off if you don't want to use it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

admmck

Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned with lane assist being part of the package. You can always turn it off if you don't want to use it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Noted, so does Lane assist have to be installed when upgrade/installing the ACC? Or can the ACC be installed/upgraded without installing lane assist?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Noted, so does Lane assist have to be installed when upgrade/installing the ACC? Or can the ACC be installed/upgraded without installing lane assist?
All of the questions you are asking are answered in the how-to thread, and all of the info in that thread applies the same for the 2022:

admmck

Reaction score
All of the questions you are asking are answered in the how-to thread, and all of the info in that thread applies the same for the 2022:

Jimmy07

Thank you, I really appreciate the reply!

Sorry if this is answered in that 'gazillion' post thread you kindly shared. Is there a scenario where the hardware for lane assist and FCW is there, but the stock software isn't programmed or included (which could the case with my truck)? Maybe due to a chip shortage issue?

Users who are viewing this thread