5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive Cruise Control Thoughts

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Agree completely....Accelerates to quickly...also starts to accelerate if you are behind someone and hit the turn signal to pass, it starts accelerating before you start changing lanes...You'd think they'd marry the two functions. Otherwise....I TRULY LOVE the ACC and bought this truck specifically because it had the Adv Safety Group.

Also agree...the LKA is OK at best.

BE CAREFUL with the parallel parking function. First and only time I tried it the truck backed into a telephone pole that was admittedly very close to the curb, but that could have been a parking meter, a tree, or, God forbid, a person. Had it checked at the dealer...I'm sure you'll all be completely shocked to hear that they found nothing wrong. I've been afraid to use that function ever since.
Thats the 1 feature i havent worked up the guts to try

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a Comma 3 and Upgraded the Storage to a 2TB NVMe drive.
I just have to install the RAM fork for it this Saturday when I get Gigabit
Fiber Installed at the new Apartment. I have created a Mount to work with the
RAMs Windshield angle and the Comma 3's Mount location.

Malodave

The iterations, # 5 Final is in the Printer.
Comma3_RAM_Mount.jpg

Have a few Printed already.
Comma3_RAM_Mount_Prints.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree completely....Accelerates to quickly...also starts to accelerate if you are behind someone and hit the turn signal to pass, it starts accelerating before you start changing lanes...You'd think they'd marry the two functions. Otherwise....I TRULY LOVE the ACC and bought this truck specifically because it had the Adv Safety Group.

Also agree...the LKA is OK at best.

BE CAREFUL with the parallel parking function. First and only time I tried it the truck backed into a telephone pole that was admittedly very close to the curb, but that could have been a parking meter, a tree, or, God forbid, a person. Had it checked at the dealer...I'm sure you'll all be completely shocked to hear that they found nothing wrong. I've been afraid to use that function ever since.
Sounds like operator error more than an issue with the truck. Hense the reason it is called semi-auto park and not full auto-park. You have to watch what you are doing just like you do when doing it all your self. It just steers it. It can't see everything.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like operator error more than an issue with the truck. Hense the reason it is called semi-auto park and not full auto-park. You have to watch what you are doing just like you do when doing it all your self. It just steers it. It can't see everything.
Never use park assist. When I get too old to park it in a space, it's time to park it in the garage and leave it there.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use mine constantly in stop and go traffic and it is fantastic. If it stops for more than 2 seconds, you will need to press the gas a little to get it going, but then it works perfect again. Slow and go traffic is the best. I never have to worry about keeping up
If your truck comes to a complete stop while in adaptive cruise, you will have to press resume to get it going again.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true. You just press the gas a little to get it going again. I use it all the time like this.
Ok thanks for the letting me know, I learned how to use the adaptive cruise on my wife’s first 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, I had to press resume after a complete stop, maybe her newer 2019 Jeep Trailhawk is the same as the truck now, I’ll have to try it too.
I usually press cancel if I see someone slowing down in front of me if I see a red light ahead, I rather coast instead of the ACC having to stop too fast for my liking.

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the 1500's adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist are.

My 2018 Lexus has it and it's great for highway road trips, but absolute trash in stop and go traffic. It's incredibly jerky. Makes my wife and I sick every time we use it at low speeds.

I do like the Lexus lane keep assist with the slight nudge and vibration of the steering wheel, so no complaints there. I drove a Nissan once with lane keep assist and it felt almost like it was self driving.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on Ram's smart driving features? Are they getting any sort of update for 2022?
I have both and dont really use or care for either! If the like the truck to slow very fast and hit the gas fast, you’ll love the adaptive cruse , not for me!

Users who are viewing this thread