5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active tuned mass module temporarily unavailable

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recieved a "Active tuned mass module temp unavailable" message on my dash while offroading but it went away and wasn't able to find it within the stored messages section on the cluster screen. A few days later my stop start didn't want to work and I got a message saying to service the stop start system but that went away as well lol. Have any of you ever experienced this? 20190602_140129.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recieved a "Active tuned mass module temp unavailable" message on my dash while offroading but it went away and wasn't able to find it within the stored messages section on the cluster screen. A few days later my stop start didn't want to work and I got a message saying to service the stop start system but that went away as well lol. Have any of you ever experienced this?

Hi @Lxvsocal - We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process!

Mark
RamCares

MaineDoug

Reaction score
I just experienced this "Active tuned mass module temp unavailable" message on my 2019 Ram. Not sure why as I was doing nothing out of the ordinary, just highway driving. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Big Red1

Reaction score
15,000 miles on a 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: It all started one morning--battery completely dead. Parked the night before just like I always do. Charged the battery-next day multiple codes; scheduled appt with dealer. By the time I got to the dealer all codes were gone. The service guy says it fixes itself, got my oil changed and away I went.

Now, I am getting the following info on my screen: "Service Active Tuned Module" Going to dealer tomorrow. Any idea what this issue is and does the computer really fix itself?

Ponydrvr

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me this afternoon. Is this something to be concerned about before driving a long trip. Ponydrvr

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me this afternoon. Is this something to be concerned about before driving a long trip. Ponydrvr
Hi there,

Do you plan to bring this to the attention of your dealer? We do recommend getting an appointment in place for diagnosis. Please send us a private message if you choose to go that route and would like additional support at that time.

Lex
Ram Cares

Sscoville

Reaction score
15,000 miles on a 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: It all started one morning--battery completely dead. Parked the night before just like I always do. Charged the battery-next day multiple codes; scheduled appt with dealer. By the time I got to the dealer all codes were gone. The service guy says it fixes itself, got my oil changed and away I went.

Now, I am getting the following info on my screen: "Service Active Tuned Module" Going to dealer tomorrow. Any idea what this issue is and does the computer really fix itself?
did the dealer fix it?

MiesRam2022

Reaction score
did the dealer fix it?
Seems like they did not fix it in 2022. I have a 22 Ram 1500 Limited. 60K miles. I am always getting the message active tuned mass module temporarily unavailable on the console. Also 2 weeks ago I had the truck in my driveway and battery was dead. The power steps would work, the lights would work, radio etc but would not turn the engine over. Just heard clicks. Called AAA and the technician came ran a couple of tests on the battery and said it was fine. He thought it was the starter. Had it towed to the dealer and they started it up right away ran all kinds of tests and found no faults. I am still getting the message. I check the battery voltage now and it runs from 12.0 when i try to start the truck to 14.2 when I am driving. This means the alternator is working so I dont get it. Anyone have similar issues and did anyone ever find a solution to the message?

Users who are viewing this thread