5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Air Grille Shutters

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I have a 19 Ram built in June 2018 but I do not have the active grille shutters. I think it should have been part of my build. Do anyone else have this assumption on the 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked your VIN build sheet to see if the part was missed for some reason?

That said, I think it's optional on the Laramie trims but standard on the Limited trims, just based on reading here

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Have you checked your VIN build sheet to see if the part was missed for some reason?

That said, I think it's optional on the Laramie trims but standard on the Limited trims, just based on reading here
I did check my build sheet and it's not listed, I also thought that it was standard on the longhorn edition.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram website shows the active grill shutters as standard on all trims.

right again - huh, i guess I better go back to the dealer to get the active shutters on my Rebel that are listed there..

what package/option code is it that deletes this?

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any advantage to have them.

They are one of the latest trends in vehicle manufacturing. They allow the engine to heat up more quickly and reduce drag making the vehicle more efficient

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
If you have a truck that its standard on you might want to check to see if it's there. If it's installed you should be able to see it from the front right?

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Yes you can see them through the grill ... I believe it's standard on all trims

Grayman5752

Reaction score
I will double check, but on the DT I don’t believe there are grille shutters. Look under the bumper and you should see an air dam that is retracted. That is what they are using now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayman5752

Reaction score
I will double check, but on the DT I don’t believe there are grille shutters. Look under the bumper and you should see an air dam that is retracted. That is what they are using now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m wrong, it uses both AGS and Active Air Dam.

2019ramrebel12

Reaction score
I didn't think I had active shutters until I pull d my grille off and low and behold there it is. It's a complete separate assembly that sits behind the grille. When the truck is off it just looks like plastic pieces running from side to side.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't think Rebels got them, but found them on my build sheet. Though they are called "Upper Active Grill Shutters". Not sure if that's what they are all called or we only get an "upper" version since Rebels don't have lower air dams like the other lines.

popcenator

Reaction score
I didn't think Rebels got them, but found them on my build sheet. Though they are called "Upper Active Grill Shutters". Not sure if that's what they are all called or we only get an "upper" version since Rebels don't have lower air dams like the other lines.
I wish they didn't get them. I removed most of mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Laramie black appearance and I have the shutters and the air dam.

U

User_3336

Where did you get the information to do so? Grille on a 5th gen is a ***** to remove, and the grille shutter mechanism is different on a 5th gen.

I removed on an 18, but I haven't seen a tutorial on 19+..

All but two of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread