5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active air dam

Jesusisgod

Reaction score
Hate to bring it up again on here. I removed the aad. No lights on the dash yet. Not sure if anything will show up on the uconnect screen. I removed it a couple days ago. Just now got a notification from the app on my phone.

I've seen folks saying mount just motor back on. Which I plan on trying first. If I do that is this notification gonna go away or does the dealer have to look at it an reset it through uconnect?

Also I figured I'd try to do the obdlink mx+ to turn it off? I read someone say they tried that an still got the notification in the app. I want To avoid hooking anything to the obd2 stuff that could void a warranty. If that's even likely. Can't imagine how turning off an air dam could void a warranty on anything but that specific part. If plugging just the motor back up will reset the code, without a trip to the dealer I'll do that for now. Truck is practically brand new with less then 7k on it.

I also don't see why these dealers can't turn stuff like that off. They say they can't but I mean the rebels don't have them. So there has to be a setting in the program to turn it off right?

Any explanations, advice, or experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Screenshot_20240722_021318_Ram.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to bring it up again on here. I removed the aad. No lights on the dash yet. Not sure if anything will show up on the uconnect screen. I removed it a couple days ago. Just now got a notification from the app on my phone.

I've seen folks saying mount just motor back on. Which I plan on trying first. If I do that is this notification gonna go away or does the dealer have to look at it an reset it through uconnect?

Also I figured I'd try to do the obdlink mx+ to turn it off? I read someone say they tried that an still got the notification in the app. I want To avoid hooking anything to the obd2 stuff that could void a warranty. If that's even likely. Can't imagine how turning off an air dam could void a warranty on anything but that specific part. If plugging just the motor back up will reset the code, without a trip to the dealer I'll do that for now. Truck is practically brand new with less then 7k on it.

I also don't see why these dealers can't turn stuff like that off. They say they can't but I mean the rebels don't have them. So there has to be a setting in the program to turn it off right?

Any explanations, advice, or experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! View attachment 186753
Are you sure your engine malfunction is for the AAD?

Jesusisgod

Reaction score
Read the code and see what it says
I suppose I will when I get the scanner I ordered in. I mean unless a miracle happened. I didn't have an alert before. Took it off now I do. So it's more then likely the code for that air dam.

Before I left for work i went ahead and took the motor only and put it back on. So I'll see if that clears the notification on my phone. If not I'll clear the code when the scanner comes in. N probably leave it that way for now.

If that works, I'm gonna take the little arms off of it. Bolt it somewhere else more out of the way, then leave it be.

Talking to the dealer the tech confirmed on a 2024, and any other ram with the latest software. It will send a code to the ram app. It'll be a check engine light. Just not the one you'd see on the dash for a major issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I suppose I will when I get the scanner I ordered in. I mean unless a miracle happened. I didn't have an alert before. Took it off now I do. So it's more then likely the code for that air dam.

Before I left for work i went ahead and took the motor only and put it back on. So I'll see if that clears the notification on my phone. If not I'll clear the code when the scanner comes in. N probably leave it that way for now.

If that works, I'm gonna take the little arms off of it. Bolt it somewhere else more out of the way, then leave it be.

Talking to the dealer the tech confirmed on a 2024, and any other ram with the latest software. It will send a code to the ram app. It'll be a check engine light. Just not the one you'd see on the dash for a major issue.
When I took mine off, it will throw a code and CEL. FYI, once you clear the code, it will clear the CEL, but a passive code will remain in the control module. CEL shouldn't come back. So it might still show in your app.

I can't remember if you can disable the AAD using Jscan or Alpha. Anyone know?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I took mine off, it will throw a code and CEL. FYI, once you clear the code, it will clear the CEL, but a passive code will remain in the control module. CEL shouldn't come back. So it might still show in your app.

There is an option in alfaObd for active airdam that you can switch to disable, but it doesn't prevent the code. I still have the soft code, but not CEL, on my truck with it set to disable. But I also don't get the notification in the app.

Jesusisgod

Reaction score

If the dealer is to be believed. He said a launch scanner can disable it. I ordered one of those instead of the alpha stuff. Mainly because I can use it around my job and on my wife's car. Just seemed like it'd be a good investment.

My main concern is not voiding the dealers lifetime powertrain warranty. So my hope is really that the motor being installed will keep the code from coming back on after I clear it.

Users who are viewing this thread